Fla. Water Deal Earns Double-As
- Water District COPs Drop. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/12/2012, p7
The article reports on the ratings given by Fitch Ratings Ltd. to the South Florida Water Management District's certificates of participation from AA to AA-.
- S&P Drops South Florida Water District to AA-Plus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/16/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33566, p6
The article reports on the issuer credit rating of Standard & Poor's Corp. for the South Florida Water Management District which has lowered from AAA to AA-plus.
- Water Board Approves Land Purchase With Modification. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/22/2008, Vol. 261 Issue 20, p15
The article reports on the decision of the South Florida Water Management District to approve the purchase of 181,000 acres of land in the Everglades Agricultural Area for $1.34 billion. The board of United States Sugar Corp. approved the sale agreement on December 8, 2008 but was amended by the...
- S. Florida Water District Wins Deal of Year. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32772, p1
The article announces that the South Florida Water Management District has won The Bond Buyer's 2007 Deal of the Year award.
- Florida Water District Steps Up Everglades Purchases. Perlman, Sar // Planning;Sep2002, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p35
Reports the acquisition of the South Florida Water Management District on vacant lots and nursery stock in Florida. Agreement of the South Florida Water on court settlement with land sellers; Cost of South Florida on the executing the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan of the U.S. Army...
- District Averts Crisis Through innovative Use of Pumps. // WaterWorld;Oct2002, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p27
Discusses the aversion of a crisis by the South Florida Water Management District Managers through the installation of a pumping system in Southern Florida. Reasons for the crisis; Responsibilities of the South Florida Water Management in preventing the crises; Lakes supplying water to canals...
- Florida Water District OKs COP-Backed Land Purchase to Help Restore Everglades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/18/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33026, p8
The article reports on the approval by the South Florida Water Management District's board of governors to a purchase agreement to be financed with certificates of participation. It agrees to pay $1.34 billion to U.S. Sugar Corp. for 180,000 acres of sugar cane fields and citrus groves....
- Florida High Court Affirms Use of COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/24/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33422, p1
The article reports that the Florida Supreme Court has handed down a 48-page ruling, in which justices validated the South Florida Water Management District's request to issue up 650 million dollars of certificates of participation (COP).
- South Florida Water District Uses COPs for First Time in $546M Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32512, p32
The article reports that South Florida Water Management District will used certificates of participation to finance environmental projects in Bradenton, Florida. The company will sell about $546 million of the tax-exempt securities to support the projects. Company officials stressed that they...