- Adela Cepeda, 35. Mendez, Adolfo // Crain's Chicago Business;9/27/93, Vol. 16 Issue 39, 40 Under Forty p29
Profiles Adela Cepeda, managing director of Abacus Financial Group Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Professional accomplishments; Comment of a colleague.
- Morgan Stanley Strikes Deal in China. // American Banker;7/9/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 130, p19
Discusses a deal between Morgan Stanley and China Construction Bank. The joint venture plan to buy bad loans from the state-owned China Construction; Other deals between Chinese lenders and United States investment banks.
- UBS Mortgage Appetite Spurs Split with Wells. Launder, William // American Banker;12/6/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 233, p1
The article looks at how UBS AG plans to shutter a four-year joint venture with Wells Fargo & Co. that makes home loans to the Zurich, Switzerland, company's U.S. wealth management clients. According to UBS spokeswoman, Mari Hope, it will replace the venture with a proprietary residential...
- Women: Wonder Women. Torres, Nichole L. // Entrepreneur;May2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p30
Information about the second annual Women in Charge conference at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida is presented. The event started with an inspirational address from Adela Cepeda, a serial entrepreneur and the president of finance advisory firm AC Advisory Inc. There were more...
- J/B, RayArt Studios Form BrandMedia Entertainment. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;9/7/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p7
Reports the launch of BrandMedia Entertainment, a joint venture of Johnson/Burnett Entertainment and Ray Art Studios in Woodland Hills, California. Business plans of BrandMedia; Focus of the program development of the company; Services offered by the company.
- Joint Venture Formation: Planning and Knowledge-Gathering for Success. Inkpen, Andrew C. // Organizational Dynamics;Spring99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p33
Reports that companies should address some planning issues after a joint venture has been identified as a strategic option but before negotiations begin. Joint venture planning issues that should be considered; How to initiate partner relationships and knowledge; Guidelines in establishing...
- Bulletins. // Fleet Owner;Dec2002, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p56
Reports business developments in the U.S, as of December 2002. Goals of the 21st Century Truck Partnership; Launch of the Caterpillar engine; Reorganization of the joint venture between ArvinMeritor and Quimmco.
- Success Strategy for Rapid Growth. Norman, David A. // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p1
Presents the key elements for managing rapid growth in business in California. Significance of intelligent risks taking to entrepreneurial venture; Utilization of experienced managers; Selection of target market segment.
- Abacus founder quits in dispute. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/22/95, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p42
Reports on the resignation of Adela Cepeda from the Chicago, Ill.-based Abacus Financial Group. Disagreements with co-founders Judith Calder and Cynthia Plouche as reason.