Tollway on Hold
- Discussing the future of toll roads in Texas. Nichols, Robert // Malakoff News (TX);3/16/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p4A
The article discusses the monopolistic system in the toll road industry of Texas, as well as a proposed bill that aims to bring regulatory reforms in the industry.
- North Carolina Inches Toward Turnpikes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p33
Reports on the a bill that would create the North Carolina Turnpike Authority. Ability of the authority to issue bonds for construction projects; Toll funding of highway construction.
- Texas toll agency has first master plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p2
Reports that the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) has unveiled a proposed five-year strategic plan. Feedback expected from the four counties that comprise the regional agency; Objective of the plan; Maintenance of NTTA's ability to meet debt service and operational commitments.
- With $2B on Tap, Toll Issue Could Extend Special Session in Texas. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;7/1/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33141, p3
The article reports on a bill which would authorize a 2 billion dollar bond issue for the Texas Department of Transportation for toll road construction. It also reports that the bill would be debated in a special session of the legislature. It is stated that the matter of toll road is...
- Mississippi Tolling. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/5/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32602, p1
The article reports on the groundbreaking bill passed by the Mississippi Legislature that allows the state and local governments to build toll roads and bridges either on their own or using public-private partnerships. The bill would give the Mississippi Transportation Commission, county boards...
- Contractor finishes road early despite many public obstacles. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/25/96, Vol. 237 Issue 22, p18
Reports on California Corridors Construction's completion of the San Joaquin Hills Corridor in California. Obstacles faced by California Corridors while building the corridor; Scheduled operation of the road by the Transportation Corridor Agencies.
- Counting down to San Joaquin kickoff. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports that during the week November 18 through 24, 1996, the San Joaquin Hills, California, toll road will be opened. Problems faced by the toll road; Advantages of the road; Comment from Kit Royer, general manager for the regional office of Brookfield Development Company; Details on the road.
- The $2 question... // Orange County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p23
Questions whether commuters will pay the required two dollar fee for the use of the San Joaquin Hills toll road in California. Uses of the money; Number of commuters the toll road officials are hoping to use the road daily; Information on the privately funded and operated 91 Express Lanes.
- Say `cheese': The ups and downs of progress. // Orange County Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p23
Presents information on the San Joaquin Hills toll road in California. Automation of the toll booths; Details on how the booths will work; Toll fees.