State Revenue Roundup
- CALIFORNIA: State Revenues Down. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/22/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32534, p35
The article reports on the revenues of California which is down by $657 million below budget projections, according to the study by California Finance Department. The report shows that the shortfall is due to the timing of cash receipts, with larger refunds assigned from the remainder. Key...
- California Revenue Beats Expectations. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;9/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F335, p1
California's August revenues came in $637.8 million higher than the amount anticipated when the 2015-16 budget passed in July, according to the state controller's office.
- California Revenues Miss February Forecast. JENSEN, RANDALL // Bond Buyer;3/19/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33879, p16
The article informs that California Department of Finance said that the state revenues have dropped down to 322 million U.S. dollars in February 2013.
- An Analysis of America's Financial Situation. // Congressional Digest;May32, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p131
The article analyses the financial situation of the U.S. during the 1930s. Almost all units of government from the national treasury down are faced with a deficit. This comes at a time when many of them feel the necessity of enlarging relief expenditures. The result is a scramble for new means...
- OKLAHOMA: Report Tax Cuts Cost $600M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/9/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32957, p9
The article reports on the impact of income tax cuts on Oklahoma's spending for education and other programs. The state's revenue from income taxes should have grown 7.5% between fiscal 1992 and 2006, but only 1% was realized because of tax cuts approved by the Legislature in 2004 and 2006....
- An Analysis of the Sources of Federal Tax Revenues. Goldthorpe, J. Harold // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep34, Vol. 13 Issue 8/9, p203
Analyzes sources of federal tax revenues in the United States. Common beliefs concerning the sources of federal tax revenues; Major sources of federal tax revenues prior to the Revenue Act of 1932; Agencies that collects tax revenues; Payment of personal income taxes by individuals with taxable...
- The case for a flat tax. Mulholland, Stephen // Finance Week;6/15/2005, p17
The article focuses on the laws drafted by South African Revenue Service. These laws are drafted in a manner that enables them legally to avoid the full effect of the taxes the State seeks to impose. The conflict between Revenue and the taxpayer has been going on since income tax was first...
- Incentives for Businesses to Go Green. Schultz, Thomas D.; Heitger, Dan L. // CPA Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p44
The article examines the tax incentives offered to businesses in the U.S. to encourage them to go green or become more environmentally friendly. Majority of eco-tax incentives are provided at the local or state levels. They can be in the form of income tax savings, sales tax benefits, use tax...
- Tax Methods and the United States. // Congressional Digest;May47, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p133
Discusses the taxation in the U.S. Reasons why taxes are levied; Origin of the income tax; Citation of the Revenue Act of 1935; Methods of taxation.