With Fannie Mae in Holding Pattern, Other Buyers Fill the Void
- Fannie Mae bashes agency on risk-based capital plan. Barancik, Scott // American Banker;12/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 245, p2
Reports on the reaction of the Federal National Mortgage Association to a risk-based capital rule proposed by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight. Concern that proposed rule will project image of undercapitalization for Federal National; Possible refusal of uninformed investors...
- Treasury may get HUD oversight unit. // American Banker;9/27/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 186, p14
Reports on legislation to transfer the federal mortgage agencies to the US Treasury Department. Shift of the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight to the Treasury from the Department of Housing and Urban Development; Need for legislative language to assure the agency's independence.
- Freddie Mac Told By Congress To Expect Audit. // Credit Union Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p52
Reports that the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight Agency will conduct a special audit of Fannie Mae, in the light of the accounting scandal engulfing the secondary mortgage market of Freddie Mac.
- OFHEO: GSEs 'Significant Concern'. // National Mortgage News;4/21/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p14
The article discusses the significant concern of the government sponsored enterprises (GSE) depicted by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) in Washington. It reveals that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac remain a significant concern of the GSE though it have made a good progress...
- Fannie and Freddie financially sound. // Mortgage Banking;Nov94, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the United States Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight's assessment of the Federal National Mortgage Association and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.'s capital.
- The Issue of RISK Containment. England, Robert Stowe // Mortgage Banking;Apr2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p34
Discusses the report from the Office of Federal Housing Oversight on the attendant risks posed by the retained loan portfolios of government-sponsored enterprises (GSE). Assistance provided by GSE Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's provision of assistance in the efficiency of mortgage market; Focus...
- OFHEO's Risk-Based Capital Stress Test: Incorporating New Business Is Not Advisable: GAO-02-521. // GAO Reports;6/28/2002, p1
GAO reviewed whether the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) should incorporate new business assumptions into the stress test used to establish risk-based capital requirements. The stress test is designed to estimate, for a 10-year period, how much capital the Federal National...
- Fannie Suspends ADC. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;7/17/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) has ordered Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae) to suspend purchases of construction loans until it fixes certain operational and control problems. The government-sponsored enterprise is in...
- OFHEO Called Unqualified To Review GSE Disclosure. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;5/28/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 101, p4
Reports the debate over the plan of the U.S. Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) to review the public disclosure practices of the Federal National Mortgage Association and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. Question on the authority of the agency; Presentation of protest by...