California Makes $150M Stem Cell Loan
- California adds another layer to growing debt. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/14/2003, Issue 323165, p1
Reports on the growing public debt in the state of California. Use of a series of short term loans to pay the state's operating expenses; State expenditures; Need for Governor Schwarzenegger to develop a contingency plan for the budget.
- A Governor's Gamble. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p1
Reports on the bond issuance to provide a cash infusion for California in return for allowing expanded tribal gambling rights. Agreement between Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with five Indian tribes; Reaction of the voters to two gaming proposals; Generation of additional state revenue.
- California's Prison Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p1
The article reports on the proposed issuance of lease revenue bonds by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to solve the increasing sense of crisis emerging in California's overcrowded prison system. The governor announced a special session of the Legislature to address the prison system. Construction...
- Unfinished business. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/23/2004, Issue 323195, p22
Reports on the status of debt-reduction bond proposal of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Attempts of the governor to raise money for a campaign blitz that would convince voters to approve the measure; Effort of Schwarzenegger to clear up the current financial mess faced by the...
- Deadlocks and Mindsets. Campbell, John // Orange County Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p43
Comments on the request of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for a bond issue and a spending limit in California. Petition for real workers' compensation reform; Support of the Republican Assembly to the governor's request; Opposition of Democratic Senator John Burton on governor's proposal.
- Schwarzenegger's Gamble. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p1
Focuses on the proposed budget for fiscal 2005 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Worth of the proposed budget; Link of the bond referendum to a spending capital measure; Call for the sale of pension obligation bonds.
- Sizing Up California's New Derivatives Market. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved a bill that legalize the use of derivatives and hedges on California general obligation bonds. The move opens door to the realm of public finance business in California. According to some officials, growth in the...
- Infrastructure Bonds on Back Burner. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed an executive order on January 24, 2007 that calls for the establishment of guidelines and accountability for effectively using the bond proceeds. The California State Allocation Board has released more than $300...
- CALIFORNIA: Yes to Yet More State Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p9
The article reports on the survey released by Public Policy Institute of California, disclosing that voters are inclined to favor Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposal to authorize an additional $43.3 billion of bonds. The bond proposal are in addition to the $42.7 billion of general...