FOMC Uncertain in June About Future Rate Hikes
- Fed Lowers Rates But May Not Do It Again Soon. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;11/5/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p5
No abstract available.
- FOMC Minutes Indicate End to Rate Hikes Near. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/19/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32363, p2
The article reports on the agreement among members of the U.S. Federal Open Market Committee that the end to interest rate hikes is near. However, they considered that at least one interest rate increase is essential to maintain inflation check. Some committee members expressed concern that...
- 'Considerable period' grows shorter. Beckner, Steven K. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2004, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p32
Highlights the Federal Open Market Committee meeting of the United States Federal Reserve policymakers. Accommodative monetary policy; Inflation rate.
- FOMC Minutes: Increased Uncertainty, Too Soon to Change Outlook. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;2/18/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34462, p1
Although uncertainty increased since their prior meeting, members of the Federal Open Market Committee decided at their January meeting that it was premature to change their outlook, according to minutes of the meeting, released Wednesday.
- FOMC at May 10 Meeting: More Hikes Could Come. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32393, p2
The article reports that the Federal Open Market Committee members have unanimously voted to increase a key interest rate by 25 basis points to five percent during the May 10, 2006 meeting in the U.S. According to the minutes of the meeting, most members were concerned that risks to inflation...
- Fed Sees Inflation Risks, Slowing of Growth. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32485, p2
The article reports on the economic growth forecasting of the Federal Open Market Committee members during its meeting on September 20, 2006 in Washington, D.C. The committee gave emphasis on the economy's moderation and the unchanging target lending rate. It also mentioned that addressing the...
- Open market operations during 1996. Cohen, Gerald D. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jul97, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p565
Reports on the open market operations of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) during 1996 in United States. Reserve management procedures and practices of the FOMC; Daily formulation and execution of open market operations; Permanent activity for the system open market account (SOMA);...
- Minutes of the meeting of the federal open market committee held on October 5, 1999. Kohn // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Jan2000, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p44
Provides the minutes of the meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee held on October 5, 1999. Officials present at the meeting; Resolutions approved at the meeting; Discussion on the developments in foreign exchange markets by the Manager of the System Open Market Account; Discussion of the...
- Minutes of the Meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee Held on December 21, 1999. Kohn, Donald L. // Federal Reserve Bulletin;Apr2000, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p283
Presents minutes of the meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) on December 21, 1999 in Washington, D.C. Approval of the minutes of the November 16, 1999 FOMC meeting; Acceptance of the report on the examination of the system open market account; Developments in foreign exchange and...