Fall River Mass., Issuing $16M of Notes for Schools, $36M of GOs for Other Projects
- FHWA OKs Maryland Highway. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p1
The article presents information on the Intercounty Connector road project in Maryland. The six-lane toll road; a $2.4 billion project covering 18-mile; got approval from the federal government after more than half a century of debate and study. The U.S. Federal Highway Administration approved...
- TEXAS PONDERS USING BONDS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/14/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p26
Reports plans of state officials to use bonds in funding highway construction in Texas. Details on the proposal to take bond financing from state gasoline taxes; Context of the Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicles (GARVEE) bonds for roads; Doubts of local contractors on the GARVEE bonds.
- Dallas Weighs Tapping Tollway Bond Funds for Levee Repairs. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33280, p3
The article reports on the challenge faced by the municipal government of Dallas in Texas on repairing levees before the start of the construction of a 1.8 billion dollars toll road project on the Trinity River. It is noted that the government is tapping bond funds for the tollway to continue...
- Construction Economics. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/24/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p22
The article presents information on the increasing value of public construction in the U.S. in the first half of 2006, based on data provided by the Department of Commerce. School construction, which is the largest public market sector, increased 7.5%, while highway construction grew 15%....
- Home plan in for Stratford. // Planning (14672073);11/6/2009, Issue 1843, p2
The article focuses on the proposed construction of buildings at Shottery in Stratford, England including a shopping centre, a primary school, and a relief road which is a response to the concerns raised by the residents during the public exhibition. The planning application has been submitted...
- Untitled. // Education Digest;Sep1955, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
This article focuses on the cost of school construction. Building schools costs less today in comparison with other goods than it did in 1936. The taxpayer gives up less in wheat, fewer theater tickets, fewer cars for schoolrooms than he did then.
- N.J. School Report Estimates Costs at $12.8B. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32322, p4
The article reports on the estimated cost for completion of school's facilities in New Jersey. The cost is about 12.8 billion dollar which are based on outdated long-range facility plans. Schools Construction Corp. has been formed to support the implementation an 8.6 billion dollar school...
- New York SCA Oversees $13.1 Billion Project, Seeks to Salvage Relationships with the Trades. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Sep2004, Vol. 103 Issue 9, pC2
Reports on the New York School Construction Authority's (SCA) handling of the proposed capital program that will fund the construction of schools and improvements of existing facilities. Responsibilities shared by the SCA with the New York City Department of Education's Division of School...
- Four nominees for Harefield Academy. Warner, Brian // Contract Journal;4/6/2005, Vol. 427 Issue 6519, p11
Presents an update on the Harefield Academy project at Hillingdon in London, England as of April 2005. Cost of the project; Contractors chosen to materialize the project; Features of the Harefield Academy Trust facility that is scheduled to open in 2007.