Senate Panel OKs Almost $21B for AIP, Amtrak, and Section 8
- Housing: HUD Secretary: Bush's Spending Plan Effective, Fiscally Responsible. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p5
Presents views of U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Mel Martinez on the fiscal 2003 spending plan proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush's administration. Reflection of commitments made by HUD; Issuance of tax exempt bonds.
- Riverfront Crossings will trigger downtown growth. Markus, Tom // Corridor Business Journal;10/29/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p12
The author discusses the Downtowns and Riverfront Crossing Plan in Iowa City, Iowa. According to the author, plan will provide improvements on both sides of the Iowa River that was affected and damaged due to the flood in the year 2012. He comments that Iowa City has received a grant from a...
- REG WATCH. Laing, Keith; Devaney, Tim // Hill;6/4/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 63, p10
The article reports on the concern of U.S. Senators on how to revoke the $54.5 billion bill fund for U.S. Departments of Transportation, and Housing and Urban Development approcved by Members of Senate Appropriations subcommittee.
- DOT, HUD Announce New Contracting Flexibility to Help Build Sustainable, Livable Communities. // CVN;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the new contracting process announced by U.S. Department of Transport and U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Develpment to improve competition for federal highway projects and promote livable and sustainable communities.
- Transportation bill getting $1B for new bridges. Snyder, Jim // Hill;9/11/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 103, p1
The article reports on the addition of $1 billion by Senate Democrats for bridge maintenance and repair to the Transportation and Housing and Urban Development spending bill in the U.S. The move is a response to the I-35W bridge collapse in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The addition will bring the...
- HUD and Transportation Dept. Promote Affordable Housing. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;4/27/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p11
The article reports on the partnership between the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Department of Transportation to create more affordable housing and transportation opportunities. HUD reveals that an average working American family spends 60% of its budget on...
- GOVERNMENT. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/27/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p18
The article offers news briefs related to the state government of Utah. The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program of the U.S. administration will provide $35,754,718 to Utah for economic assistance to low-income households. Scott Waterfall has been appointed as the new community and economic...
- House Passes DOT, HUD Spending Bill; Amtrak Funding Set at $1.14 Billion. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32403, p5
The article reports on the approved 2007 spending budget for the Department of Transportation and the Housing and Urban Development in the U.S. The proposal was recommended by House spending committee. It will increase the funds of Amtrak company. In addition, the bill further include funding...
- (COMMUNITIES) Age Advocates Back Unprecedented Federal Collaboration. // Aging News Alert;6/19/2009, p6
The article reports that advocates for aging are supporting the interagency collaboration among the U.S. Departments of Transportation (DOT), Housing & Urban Development (HUD) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The three federal agencies have launched an initiative aimed at...