Texas' Fort Bend ISD to Take $107.7M of GOs to Market
- Oklahoma County ISD Selling $28M, Part of $180M Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32371, p39
The article reports on the plan of Oklahoma County Independent School District Number 89 to issue the fifth tranche of general obligation bonds from 180 million dollars authorization in Oklahoma City. District voters approved the bonds in November 2001 as part of an effort known as MAPS for...
- Munis Little Changed With Firm Tone; $507M L.A.USD Deal Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31585, p2
Reports on opening of retail order period for Los Angeles, California-based Unified School District (USD) general obligation bonds. Increase in Treasury bonds and notes; Decline in securities prices; Price of the serial bonds offered by USD; Ratings assigned by various ratings companies.
- Utah District Takes First Step in Record Authorization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p7
The Jordan School District, located near Salt Lake City, Utah will sell $20 million of triple-A rated general obligation bonds as of May 13, 2003, in a sale that marks the first tranche of debt sold from the Utah's largest-ever bond authorization.With an enrollment of 73,800 students, the Jordan...
- Tulsa, Okla., School District Sells $5 Million, With Raised Outlook From S&P. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p4
Reports that the outlook for Tulsa, Oklahoma's public school district is improving as the economy begins to rebound. Announcement of Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1's plans in hiring at least 29 other teachers for the 2004-2005 school year.
- Bonham ISD Calls GO Vote. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;9/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33179, p9
The article reports that Bonham Independent School District (ISD) will put a 40 million bond package to voters in Texas. It cites that its purpose is to realign class space at few campuses, add new science labs at all schols, and other renovations. It adds that Bonham ISD assists approximately...
- Houston ISD Brings Delayed $279.8M Limited-Tax Refunding to Market. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;3/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32578, p6
The article announces the sale of $279.8 million limited-tax refunding bonds of Houston Independent School District on March 1, 2007 in Dallas, Texas. The deal was scheduled in early December 2007 but was pushed back because the market was not where it needed for the district to achieve the...
- Texas School Eye Non-PSF Options. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33025, p1
The article reports that a school district in Dallas, Texas is being forced to postpone bond sales with the state's Permanent School Fund sideline by capacity limit and tumbling financial market. It states that PSF backing confers triple-A ratings on local bond issues, obviating the need for...
- N. Y. Districts' Credit Eyed After State Rating Cut. // Education Week;1/22/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 18, p17
The article reports that forty of the school districts were ranked on Standard & Poor's CreditWatch in New York. The credit-rating agency has downgraded states general-obligations bonds.
- KANSAS: Olathe Schools Set $68M Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32914, p8
The article reports that Johnson County Unified School District has set an election for the approval of a $68 million general obligation bond package on November 4, 2008 that is set to support the expansion of four high schools in Olathe, Arkansas. The school expansion project will allow the...