June Housing Starts Sink; Permits Plunge Too
- Residential real estate to rise, but not recover in 2011. Nugent, Tiara // Fort Worth Business Press;2/7/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p17
The article explains why the residential real estate market in North Texas will not recover in 2011 despite the expected slight upturn in the market during the year.
- Real Estate and the Macroeconomy. Case, Karl E. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;2000, Issue 2, p119
The article focuses on real estate and the macroeconomy. The extensive involvement of real estate in both the 1984-88 boom and the 1988-92 bust in New England has been well documented. A dramatic rise in housing prices fueled consumer spending, construction employment expanded more than 50...
- Sector Focus. Peace, Alexander // Estates Gazette;12/12/2015, Issue 893, p11
The article discusses real estate economics, particularly the value of residential real estate in Great Britain. Topics covered include the economic aspects of housing, the economic contribution of housing construction, and the goal of the country's planning policy to create balanced and mixed...
- WLH'S Orders Decline by 33%. // National Mortgage News;10/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p54
The article focuses on the decrease of the orders of William Lyon Homes Inc. in Newport Beach, California. The company's new orders for the three months ended September 20, 2007 were 337, a decrease of 33%, as compared to 501 for the three months ended September 30, 2006. Further, the company's...
- VAIL'S WINTER GLOW. Lewis, David // ColoradoBiz;Dec2010, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p19
The article provides information on the real property sales in Colorado. The opening of the village projects in Vail is projected to bring forth a market recovery in the area as each of those is considered a four to five-star spot. On the other hand, the residential real estate sales in Eagle...
- Survey Shows a Belief in Housing Recovery by 2012 or 2013. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;3/21/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p11
The article presents a survey which reveals on the notion that the real estate market in the U.S. will regain its sales in 2012 or 2013.
- COSTA DEL CUTBACKS. Norwood, Graham // Estates Gazette;6/21/2008 EG Residential Supplement, p32
The article reports on the housing market in Spain. The three crises that have hit the Spanish market are the global credit crunch, a big oversupply of low-cost holiday homes in coastal areas and the strength of euro against sterling. It states that the top end of the residential market...
- Cycle Turns For Homebuilding Sector. Freed, Dan // Bank Loan Report;12/5/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p1
The article focuses on the homebuilding sector in the U.S. The PHLX housing sector index, the best measure of sector-wide equity performance, jumped to a high of 587 in late July from around 200. As the U.S. housing market is going down , most homebuilders have seen their share prices nosedive,...
- Housing bubble just local swelling? Mader., Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1
reports on the increase in home prices in the U.S. as of October 2002. Reason behind the increase in home prices; Factors affecting the housing industry; Forecast on the overall sales of houses in 2003.