World's smallest gas 4-strokes
- Run your SuperTigre G.90 on gasoline. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Oct99, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p76
Provides instructions on how to run a SuperTigre G.90 model airplane on gasoline. Addition of the ProSpark electronic ignition; Advantage of electronic ignition; System components; Installation; Operation.
- ZDZ 40 RV-L. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Dec2001, Vol. 129 Issue 12, p104
Presents the ZDZ 40 RV-L as lightweight gasoline engines used in giant-scale model airplanes. List of specification of the engine; Description on the features of the engine as microprocessor-controlled; Evaluation of engine performance. INSET: ROTARY-DISK INTAKE.
- FOX MANUFACTURING 3.2. Olivett, Vic; Steffes, Bill // Model Airplane News;Sep2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p66
Evaluates the Fox Manufacturing 3.2 gasoline engine for model airplanes. Specifications; Ease of engine assembly; Fuel system and ignition; Idle revolution per minute; Fuel used; Results of bench test. INSET: GLOBEE INTELLITACH LCD DIGITAL TACHOMETER..
- Miniature 4-cylinder 4-stroke. Gudaitis, Frank // Model Airplane News;Sep2000, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p146
Identifies the features of a miniature gas-ignition model airplane engine. Designer; Length of crankcase; Updraft carburetor; Materials used in making the engine; Difficulty in building the engine; Type of gas used to run engine.
- Making big engines fit. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;May2000, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p90
Explains how to install a gasoline engine into a giant-scale model airplane. Importance of engine position in models with spinners; MacMinarelli engines; Installation options.
- Keep Your Gas Engine Happy. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Oct2008, Vol. 136 Issue 10, p120
The article presents maintenance guidelines for gasoline engines of remote-controlled (RC) planes models. The fuel tank and fuel-line hardware needs should be compatible with gasoline, which should also be good, clean and filtered. The carburetor must be adjusted to correctly mix air and fuel....
- All Fired Up! Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Apr2006, Vol. 134 Issue 4, p74
The article discusses spark plugs and their implications for effective and efficient operations of almost ready to fly (ARF) models. The author explores spark plug designs and tackles some plug problems in an attempt to guide modelers towards better spark plug understanding. The writer also...
- GEAR UP. // Fly RC;Dec2011, Issue 97, p108
The article offers brief information on several radio-controlled (RC) airplane accessories including WindMate 350 from Weatherhawk, 2.4 GHZ modules from Futaba, and RCGF 111CC gasoline engine from BP Hobbies LLC.
- Flame kernel formation and propagation modelling in spark ignition engines. Song, Jeonghoon; Sunwoo, Myoungho // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;2001, Vol. 215 Issue 1, p105
One-dimensional, time-dependent numerical simulations of flame kernel growth produced by a spark in a combustible gasoline-air mixture are presented. This model accounts for the fundamental properties of the ignition system, the combustible mixture and flow field. Submodels representing the...