Motricity Pockets TV
- EVOLVE OR DIE. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;1/1/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the reorganization of the wireless content industry in the U.S. InfoSpace announced its restructuring which removed 250 jobs in 2006 while Motricity intended to eliminate 50 jobs. Motricity purchased GoldPocket Wireless and obtained funding for its expansion. Analysts...
- Motricity snares TV relationships with GoldPocket acquisition. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;7/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p3
The article reveals that Motricity Inc. bought GoldPocket Wireless Inc. Motricity has gained substantial traction with its Fuel software, which powers on-deck mobile storefronts for wireless operators and media companies. GoldPocket powers off-deck content activity and has carried out...
- MERGING MOBILE. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p8
The article reports on the acquisition by Motricity Inc. of the mobile telecommunications division of InfoSpace. The acquisition expands Motricity's customer base to include 11 of the 13 largest carriers in North America, including the four tier-one U.S. operators. Motricity hopes to use...
- Stick to short, quick-exit mobile deals, users told. Riley, John // Computer Weekly;11/7/2002, p2
Focuses on the possibility of either bankruptcy or consolidations of European mobile telephone operators. Effect of the possibility of consolidations on mobile users; Expected number of mobile operators to survive in European market; Factors to be considered to develop a mobile business...
- CZECH MATES. // Total Telecom+;Nov2013, p5
The article reports that the Czech Telecommunications Office (CTU) has set 15 years as the length of time it wants to prohibit a new mobile market entrant from merging with any existing telecommunications companies.
- RegTP opens the door for 3G cost savings. Parsons, Ross // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jul2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p14
Reports on mergers and possible takeovers in Europe's mobile communication industry. Talks with rival mobile operators over possible cost sharing; Germany-based Telefonica's expected percentage of savings in final network installation costs; Merger between Germany-based Deutsche Telekom and...
- Closed circle? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p6
The article reflects on the merging of mobile telecommunications companies in the United States. The author believes it's too early to see what the outcome of the mega-mergers would be and discusses the two views on the issue that arise. He mentions the benefits and problems telecommunication...
- Sonera considers merger opportunities. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p3
Reports the negotiations of mobile operator Sonera with several companies regarding a merger in Helsinki, Finland.
- NEWS. // Utility Week;1/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Presents updates on utilities in Great Britain as of January 24, 2003. Negotiations for the purchase of West Recycling Group by Candover Investments; Project awarded to Thames Water Aqua International and Black & Veatch; Investigation on the link between cancer and mobile phone base stations.