- BellSouth plugs in to TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;6/17/96, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p12
Reports on BellSouth Corp.'s launching of a cable system in the Atlanta suburb of Chamblee, Georgia. System as a challenge to Scripps Howard; BellSouth's interloper rights into the region; Features of BellSouth's cable system.
- BellSouth brings television viewers a new cable option. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p14
Reports that the New Orleans became the first market to be served by BellSouth Corp.'s wireless television system. BellSouth Corp.'s competitors in New Orleans; Statement of Loyd Daniel, general manager at BellSouth Entertainment on the cable television business; Features and capacity of...
- Ready, set, CATV. Krapf, Eric // America's Network;8/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 16, p40
Reports that BellSouth is set to build its first cable television network in Daniel Island, South Carolina. Construction of homes in the island; Provision of telephony and video through networks.
- Bellsouth makes progress with CATV plans. // Telephony;11/04/96, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p48
Reports on Bellsouth Corp.'s commercial cable television services. Availability of the cable services to residents in Daniel Island, South Carolina; Cable service soon to be available in Saint John's Village, Florida; Holding of video and cable modem trial in Chamblee, Gainesville.
- Analyst: TiVo Pursuing New Partners. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the transition of TiVo from a set-top firm to one that is licensing its software to satellite and cable companies in the U.S., which is pursuing new partners for its technology according to Merriman Capital managing director Mark Harding.
- Finance briefs. // Multichannel News;11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p42
Reports on the financial performance of cable television companies in the United States as of November 1, 1999. Includes TiVo Inc.'s financial performance for the third quarter of its fiscal year 1999; Mediacom LLC's acquisition of Zylstra Communications Corp.
- TiVo Opens Up Two New Boxes for Cable. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/13/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p90
The article reports on the move of TiVo Inc. to offer multiple system operators (MSOs) and enhanced its iPad application to integrate with cable video services as its aims to win business from cable operators in the U.S.
- Tennessee Utility Plans Fiber-to-the-home Push. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p35
Reports on the plans of the Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) in Jackson, Tennessee to compete against local providers Charter Communications Inc. and Bellsouth Corp. with fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) construction project. Use of Wave 7 Optics FTTH equipment by JEA for the construction of a plant to...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;4/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 72, p1
Presents updates on services launched in the U.S. cable television industry as of April 13, 2006. Money-back guarantee to subscribers being offered by Dish Network; Extension of a contract between DirecTV and TiVo.