Nets Recognize Katrina, 9/11 Anniversaries
- Cablers see easy o'seas for nonfiction. Richmond, Ray // Variety;03/30/98, Vol. 370 Issue 7, pM2
Details on the potential of documentary programs from several cable network in United States for the overseas market. Audiences for Home Box Office (HBO) and E! Entertainment Television cable networks in Europe; Details on the international expansion of several cable networks; Factors to...
- Cable nets get real as docus fill bill. Richmond, Ray // Variety;9/23/96, Vol. 364 Issue 8, p37
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of September 23, 1996. Cable networks' use of documentary programs; Increase in popularity of documentary programs.
- Lifetime Diginet Bows with Docu-Style Look. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p48
Reports on Lifetime Television's launching of Lifetime Real Women documentary television program. On-air spots featuring women's tales as told to documentary producers Optic Nerve; Stories collected by Optic Nerve.
- History Television's chiefs series scheduled for viewing this fall. Miller, Heather Andrews // Windspeaker;Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p25
Reports that five of North America's First Nations leaders will be honored in the Fall of 2002 in a series of documentaries on cable television History Television in Canada. Titles of the series to be shown on television; Producer of the television series; Broadcast schedule of the series.
- Docus dot the learning landscape. Williams, Mark L. // Variety;04/27/98, Vol. 370 Issue 11, p54
Deals with the documentary shows in cable television networks. Increase programming for cable television networks; Information on several documentary features.
- What's up? Docs on cable. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/93, Vol. 123 Issue 42, p23
Enumerates documentary programs on cable television. `Century' and `The Heart of Healing' from WTBS; Projects at the Discovery Channel; Cable networks prolific in the documentary arena.
- Fresh shocks boost cable dox. Katz, Richard // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, p47
Reports on the documentary television programs of cable networks in the United States. Subjects of documentaries; Quality of programs; Competition among cable networks in nonfiction programming; Trends in programming; Ratings of documentaries.
- Cablers bullish on overseas titles. Fry, Andy // Variety;04/05/99, Vol. 374 Issue 7, pM72
Focuses on the international market for cable television documentaries. European companies making inroads on the international scene; Target audience; Challenges in producing documentaries for the overseas market; Subjects of notable documentaries; Partnerships in the production of documentaries.
- TV's Cliffs Notes report on trash. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p9
Comments on the one-hour documentary program on garbage aired by the History Channel in the United States. Topics of discussion; Disadvantages of showing issues on waste management in limited time slots; Concern that recycling might present itself as money-making venture; Show improvements.