AHEAD OF THE CURVE IN BEND
- MARKET FOCUS. Velocci Jr., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/10/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the condition of the global market for commercial satellites. Projections on the possible consolidation among market leaders; Highlight on the structuring and financing of space and communications projects; Improvement in the rate of market growth.
- Merger is case of good news/bad news for policy goals of Clinton White House. Colford, Steven W. // Advertising Age;10/18/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 44, p54
This article reports on several views regarding cable company Bell Atlantic Corp.'s proposed merger with Tele-Communications Inc. The $33 million proposed merger is bound to attract attention with the government agencies and congressional committees. Some view it in a positive way while there...
- Stern Leads List Of What Will Be Big In 2006. // Satellite News;1/2/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
Presents an outlook for the performance of the satellite communications industry in 2006. Need for Loral Space & Communications to boost its presence in the North American market through acquisitions; Challenges facing the direct-to-home satellite television market in competing with terrestrial...
- Evolution Taking Place In European Broadcasting Market. Holmes, Mark // VIA Satellite;9/1/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p3
The article deals with the improvements in the European broadcasting industry. The dynamics of broadcasting and channel provision are changing at a rapid rate, with telecommunications companies entering the TV space more aggressively with Internet Protocol TV offerings and satellite operators...
- SATELLITE WAR. // Business Mexico;Nov2002, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the accusation of Controladora Satelital against Satmex on gaming rules in the satellite market in Mexico. Establishment of monopolistic practice; Demands for equal treatment in the market; Complains on the authorization of foreign competitors in the market.
- Cablevision acquires TCI. // Crain's New York Business;06/16/97, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p50
Reports that Cablevision Systems Corporation has agreed to purchase Tele-Communications Incorporated. Price of the purchase; What Cablevision will get from the deal.
- Power surge. Schrage, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;3/14/94, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p22
Discusses the effects on advertisers and their agencies if the merger of TCI and Bell Atlantic Corp. pushed through. Control of network television on advertisers in the past; Strength and advantage of choice of advertisers today due to tough competition among media markets; Possible return of...
- GLOBALSTAR TO ACQUIRE BRAZILIAN SATELLITE GATEWAY OPERATOR. // Worldwide Telecom;Feb2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p2
The article reports on the agreement signed by Globalstar Inc. with Loral Space & Communications Inc. to purchase the Brazilian Globastar independent gateway operator. The gateways will be operated by a Globastar subsidiary. The deal enables Globalstar to access a market for its satellite voice...
- Changing of the guard. Williamson, Mark // Satellite Broadband;Jul2001, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p30
Discusses the implications of the purchase of GE Americom by European satellite operator SES-Astra. Potential impact of the acquisition on the global satellite communications market; Reason for the purchase; Effect on the competition between SES-Astra and rival Eutelsat.