BUNDLING UP TO SURVIVE
- EKING OUT A LIVING. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Focuses on the participation of Lenexa, Kansas-based Shen-Heights TV Associates Inc. during the annual meeting of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. to discuss strategies for competition from direct-broadcast satellite. Survival of small cable operators; Information on the advantage...
- Small Cable's View of Retransmission. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/23/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 17, p46
An excerpt from a speech given by Matthew Polka, president of the American Cable Association, on April 16, 2007 in Washington D. C. is presented.
- Notoriously Slow? Effros, Steve // CableFAX Daily;8/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 154, p4
The article discusses the innovation of the cable industry in response to the article in the Wall Street regarding the competition between satellite and cable. Cable created innovative programming, developed and promoted high-speed data to the home, Cable also designed and built infrastructures...
- Digital satellite systems vs. cable. // USA Today Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 123 Issue 2601, p2
No abstract available.
- The `C' in C-band stands for choice. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p22
Discusses the capabilities of C-band communications satellites. Distribution of various programming by the networks that viewers can tape; Profusion of electronic news gathering on the C-band; Variety in audio subcarriers; Quality that satellite can deliver.
- A plethora of programming. // Popular Electronics;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the variety of programming options that C-band communications satellites bring. Distribution of programming by different packagers; Basic cable services and premium channels offered by Ultraview; Access to multiplexed and multiple feeds.
- Too many channels becomes burden. Townson, Don // Variety;09/20/99, Vol. 376 Issue 5, p47
Provides information on the increasing number of cable networks and satellite channels in Vancouver, British Columbia. List of cable subscribers that are grumbling about added costs for services; Comments from Star! general manager Marcia Martin; Implication of the proliferation of cable...
- Business WEEK 46. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/13/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 44, p76
Reports several business losses on cable television networks as of November 2001. Decrease of revenue at Walt Disney Co.; Revenue drop at Univision Communications Inc.; Percentage losses at Pixar company.
- Cable Competition Waltzes Across Texas. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the competition among cable television networks in Texas. Participation of the Western Integrated Networks LLC, Grande Communications and WideOpen West (WOW) LLC franchises; Implications of the competition for the consumers; Details on the Forth Worth agreement with WOW; Preparation...