Cable Co-Op Asks FCC for Help In Fox Sports Talks
- NCTC Seeks Arbitration. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC) filed for mandatory arbitration to determine how much independent cable operators will have to pay to carry seven Fox Sports Net (FSN) networks in the U.S. NCTC sought arbitration in behalf of its members and produced a...
- What You Need To Know Now... // CT Daily;2/26/2013, p1
The article offers information on the American Cable Association (ACA) that has participated in the 2013 Winter Educational Conference of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. in Las Vegas. It explains that ACA has urged the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the U.S. to cancel...
- Inside The Beltway... // CT Daily;1/22/2013, p1
The article offers information on a support showed by the American Cable Association (ACA) on a decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to revise its definition of a "buying group" in order to include groups such as the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. (NCTC), a...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p1
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. television broadcasting industry. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC), together with Senator Sam Brownback, will form a joint task force which will examine the impact of media and advertising on children's health. The National Cable Television...
- Fox: It's NCTC's Fault. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/7/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p29
The article reports on the letter sent by Fox Cable Networks to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) saying that it has not stonewalled the National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC) regarding negotiations for carriage of regional sports networks. The letter denies allegations made...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;12/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p46
The article offers news briefs related to the entertainment industry. Cablevision Systems Corp. has filed against the ruling of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the banning of set-top boxes with integrated security functions. Fox News Channel has completed another multiyear...
- National Geographic lands Fox subs in TV co-op deal. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the cable television subscriber deal between United States-based cable network National Geographic Channel and the National Cable TV Co-op as of December 21, 2000. Terms of the subscriber agreement.
- NCTC taps four new nets. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p70
Reports on National Cable Television Cooperative's hiring of services BET on Jazz: The Cable Jazz Channel, Game Show Network, The Outdoor Channel and Ovation. Terms of the agreement; Networks' expansion activity.
- Reporter's Notebook: Co-Op Draws a Line. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p54
Reports on the annual meeting of the National Cable Television Cooperative Inc. before the week of August 7, 2000. Opposition to programming cost increases; Reaction to the proposed increase of license fees; Expansion of the membership.