YES, DirecTV Interact
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- MLB, MCI go to phones. Lefton, Terry; Grimm, Matthew // Brandweek;6/5/95, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p5
Presents information on the teleballoting system introduced by The Baseball Network as a marketing strategy for the 1995 Major League Baseball games. Balloting sponsorship by Texaco Inc.; Facilitation by MCI Communications Inc.
- Baseball network off to a slow start; network buyers look for juicier pitch. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;2/14/94, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the scarcity of advertisers for the 1994 coverage of the Baseball Network, the joint venture between ABC and NBC on one hand, and the Major League Baseball on the other. Reasons for advertisers' reluctance; Confirmation of major deals with Texaco and Russell; Advertising package cost.
- Honeymoon in Vegas. Brown, Roger // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the impact of the Consumer Electronics Show on the cable television industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the event; Emphasis on the Go2Broadband project; Availability of the advanced services to consumers.
- How Much Will Consumers Pay? A Hedonic Analysis of the Cable Television Industry. Anstine, Diane Bruce // Review of Industrial Organization;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Develops a modified hedonic framework that determines the marginal willingness to pay by consumers for individual cable networks. Cable television operator's cable programming services; Importance of regional differences in determining demand for cable; Consumers' willingness to pay for more...
- Rebate Settle Suit in Ky. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p22
Reports that past and present cable customers in Jefferson County, Kentucky will receive rebates to resolve a class action lawsuit over an improper passage of property taxes. Effect of the resolution on consumers; Complaints of local franchising authorities against the taxes; Reactions of...
- Combing Through the Files. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p70
Reports the customer complaints concerning the cable industry in the U.S. Failure of answering service to relay repair calls; Poor quality of telephone customer service; Range of billing mistakes.
- Prices Still a Hot Button. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p74
Reports the increasing rate of cable television subscription in the U.S. Level of customer complaints about the issue; Limitations of digital conversion among cable operators.