HD DVR Delay Could Sting
- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing: DirecTV's HD DVR Inches Along. // CableFAX Daily;7/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 142, p1
Speculates that introduction of high-definition digital video recorders (HD DVR) from DirecTV would result to customers defecting to cable competitors. Statement from Sanford Bernstein analyst Craig Moffett about the delayed introduction of the HD DVR from DirecTV; Contention of Comcast...
- Cable's Triple Play Keeps Heat on DBS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p54
The article reports on the declining subscribers of DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications in the U.S. According to Sanford Bernstein cable and satellite analyst Craig Moffett, the decrease of subscribers in both companies is a result of their struggle to offer triple-play package of voice,...
- Moffett : Subs Want Discounts, Not Bundles. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;6/23/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p17
The article presents the views of Craig Moffett, partner and senior media research analyst at MoffettNathanson Research, against the argument of AT&T that it needs to merge with DirecTV to compete for the bundled television, Internet and voice services that consumers favor.
- What next for PVRs? Whittaker, David // TVB Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the increasing use of personal video recorders (PVRs) in Europe. Overview of the specific applications for PVRs; Consumer motivation in the purchase PVRs; Development of the technology. INSET: PVR: the jargon.
- RCA To Sell DirecTV/WebTV Recorder. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p25
Reports on Thomson, DirecTV and Microsoft's WebTV's entry into the hard-drive video recorder business with a multifunctional interactive set-top box and service called UltimateTV in the United States. Features and capabilities of the device and service; Scheduled launch of UltimateTV products...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p34
The article presents latest developments related to the mass media industry. Kelvin Westbrook, chief strategic officer of Millennium Digital Media will be resigning on October 5, 2007. DirecTV Inc. plans to broaden its appeal to home-theater installers by including high-definition video recorder...
- Windowseat Pictures Streams Competition. // Videography;Mar2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the use of Ki Pro portable tapeless recorder and input/output high definition (Io HD) video I/O device from AJA Video Systems Inc. in covering the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing competition through online, mobile, and broadcast.
- STATE OF THE ART. // Popular Photography;Apr2012, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p16
The article presents statistics relating to photography, including percent of consumers who use their mobile telephones to shoot video and who use their still cameras solely to shoot video.
- WHAT'S HOT. // Caribbean Business;3/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p43
Features various consumer products. ATI Radeon VE video card; Intel Play Digital Movie Creator; Samsung Extiva DVD player.