Cox Opens N.O. Center
- New Orleans Seeks Lift From Wi-Fi Network. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p13
The article reports on the introduction of a municipally-owned free wireless Internet service in New Orleans, Louisiana by city mayor Ray Nagin in December 2005. It is said that the service will accelerate the reconstruction effort in the city. Cox Communications New Orleans is supporting the...
- N.O. offers free wireless lure. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p11
The article reports that New Orleans, Louisiana Mayor C. Ray Nagin has said that the city will soon be connected by a free wireless Internet network. The network will be the first one of its kind in the U.S. Previously efforts to set up such a system in other parts of the country have failed...
- Cox goes retail with New Orleans store. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
Reports on Cox Communications Inc.'s opening of its first stand-alone retail showroom in New Orleans, Louisiana. Company's testing of retail kiosks in some markets; Cox systems' expression of interest in retail showrooms; Description of the store.
- New Orleans mayor plans to blanket city with Wi-Fi. Morse, Joni // RCR Wireless News;12/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p13
The article reports on the plan of New Orleans, Louisiana mayor Ray Nagin to install Wireless-Fidelity Internet network in the entire city. Nagin cited the advantages of the wireless network. Intel Corp. is one of the companies that have donated equipment for the network. The city had used...
- New Orleans Unplugged. Leggett, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/12/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p23
The article reports on the establishment of the free wireless fidelity (Wi-FI) system in New Orleans, Louisiana by EarthLink Inc. It was undertaken to provide basic Internet connection to businesses and residents as a recovery promise of Mayor C. Ray Nagin to the hurricane-devastated victims....
- Plenty of room on Nagin's red carpet. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/22/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p26
Comments on the assumption of co-vice chairmanship of the Metro Vision Economic Development Partnership by New Orleans mayor-elect, Ray Nagin. Reaction of the business community; Opportunity of business leaders to ask for help from the city hall; Expectation of the people for Nagin.
- Nagin already being touted as state political candidate. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/3/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p27
Comments on the political career of Ray Nagin as an Afro-American mayor in New Orleans, Louisiana. Response of the white voters to candidacy of Nagin; Speculations on the factors mediating the popularity of Nagin; Opinion on the capacity of Nagin to handle the local issues.
- Nagin Wins Big Easy Race. // Multichannel News;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
Reports the victory of Rey Nagin, vice president and general manager of Cox Communications Inc. for the mayoralty position in New Orleans, Louisiana. Career history of Nagin; Victory of Nagin over police superintendent Richard Pennington; Impact of Nagin's victory to the salary of the position.
- NEW ORLEANS DEAL HAS LOOSE ENDS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/08/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p17
Reports on the proposed privatization of the water and wastewater operations in New Orleans, Louisiana. Views of Mayor Ray Nagin on the privatization proposal; List of companies composing the privatized water and wastewater operations; Details on the deficiencies in the procurement and the...