Frankfurt's 1-0 victory with perfumed hose-down
- Health concepts, issues, and experience in the Abakaliki Area, Nigeria Chukwuma, Sr., Chrysanthus // Environmental Health Perspectives;Oct1994, Vol. 102 Issue 10, p854
No abstract available.
- Orange County may follow LA's lead in mandating letter-grade health posting. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;05/03/99, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p24
Reports on the move by the Orange County, California Department of Environmental Health to enact a letter-grade system of restaurant inspection. Adoption of similar system by Los Angeles County, California; Public pressure to mandate letter-grade posting; Provision under California Senate Bill...
- Children 2002: Charting Change. // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p40
Presents charts showing worldwide sanitation coverage for 2002. Number of people without access to safe drinking water; Percentage of population using improved sanitation; Estimated number of polio cases; Percentage of children engaged in work.
- Need Definitive Answers? Go to the Standards! Powitz, Robert W.; Balsamo,, James J. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep1999, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p42
This article is provided by NEHA for informational purposes only. It is designed to better inform our members about topical and relevant goods and services available to the environmental health professional. Opinions expressed about any product or service in this column either expressly or...
- Keep it clean in Farmington. // Navajo Times;4/11/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 15, pC-6
The article offers information on the Keep it clean program which will be held at the Crouch Mesa Community Center in Farmington, New Mexico on April 16, 2013 including free educational information, games and activities related to the community environment clean and health maintenance.
- HEALTH ASPECTS OF WATER QUALITY. Krishnaswami, S.K. // American Journal of Public Health;Nov1971, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p2259
Concern about water quality today involves chemicals where the epidemiologic significance of exposure to low level concentrations is not well understood. This includes also various inorganic and organic additives. This paper discusses these aspects in ecologic terms.
- NAMES OF ACADEMIC DISCIPLINES. Shapiro, Fred R. // Notes & Queries;Aug1983, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p345
This article presents a list of academic disciplines. It is reported that the list presented in this article antedates the earliest examples cited by The Oxford English Dictionary or its Supplement for various names of academic disciplines or sub-disciplines, or practitioners thereof. It is...
- Whose Cleanliness? KUMAR, VIVEK // Economic & Political Weekly;11/1/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 43/44, p13
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Campaign) glosses over issues of caste, which is inextricably linked to sanitation work across the country, and the rights of sanitation workers. It incorrectly tries to draw legitimacy from Gandhi's thoughts on hygiene and cleanliness.
- It is inconvenient -- but it's the truth. Rowlands, Chris // Works Management;Nov2007, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p3
The author reflects on managing waste in Great Britain. He believes that once the waste leaves one's premises, it is still his responsibility to ensure, where possible, that the waste reaches its intended destination. He adds that it takes some effort to manage and, in practice, can only be...