Sophisticated model forecasts accurately
- SERIALS PRICE INFORMATION FOR JOURNALS IN CLASSICS AND CANCELLATION DECISION-MAKING. Kellsey, Charlene // Classical Journal;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p69
Presents serial price information for journals in classics and cancellation decision-making. Exclusion of foreign periodicals in an annual study of U.S. periodical prices; Collection of data on patron use of the journals in order to calculate cost per use; Comparison between use studies and...
- Petchem Construction Holds Steady. Carr, Housley // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/18/2015, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p6
Petrochemical projects in the U.S. and Canada are proceeding, despite slippage in oil and gas prices within the past year.
- July IPEX sees first decline in 10 months. REGAN, IPEX // ICIS Chemical Business;7/18/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 2, p14
The article offers information on the decline in the ICIS Petrochemical Index (IPEX) in July 2011.
- BDO Outlook Remains Healthy. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;4/2/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the confidence of producers of butanediol (BDO) and its major derivatives that the chemical's market will maintain strong global growth in 2001. Expectations of producers on the global BDO consumption; Outlook on its long-term market growth; Overview of the year 2000 BDO market.
- Profitable Elemental Analysis in Shift-Labs. // Petro Industry News;Jun/Jul2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p27
The article evaluates the Self Check System (SCS) of multi EA 5000 to prevent system contamination in the petrochemicals industry.
- INFORMS MEETING CALENDAR. // Decision Analysis;Sep2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p296
No abstract available.
- The Emergence of a Specialized Newspaper: The Chronicle of Higher Education from 1966 to Date. Currie, Bruce F. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer75, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p321
Reports on the emergence of a specialized newspaper in the U.S. Factors that contribute to the growth of paid subscription publication for college administrators; Extent to which it provides information used in decision making and other administrative functions; Impact of the age of data and the...
- OPERATIONS RESEARCH, MANAGEMENT SCIENCE AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS. Vazsonyi, Andrew // Interfaces;May77, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p91
In this article the author discusses the editorial policy for the journal "Interfaces," as of May 1977. The author says that science, a very general and broad term, can lead to a great deal of confusion. Careful study of this policy reveals a number of statements. The author quotes that the...
- An Industrial Pricing Decision Using Bayesian Multivariate Analysis. Frederick, Donald G. // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);May71, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p199
Bayesian multivariate analysis is used in the solution of a pricing problem for a petrochemical product. Estimates of variables that determine optimal price are derived from subjective assessments and time series data. The two sets of estimates are combined using Bayesian posterior analysis, and...