Port of Rotterdam ties up first big customer
- Historic Decision. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2006, p35
The article offers information on the 2.9 billion euro Maasvlakte II port expansion project in Rotterdam, Netherlands. The project has received the go signal from the Dutch parliament. The parliamentary majority has also supported a proposal to construct the outer contour of Maasvlakte II in a...
- Terminal Gets Government Green Light. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb2006, p3
The article reports on the construction of Associated British Ports' Shortsea Riverside Container Terminal in Hull, England. The development project will accommodate larger box ships. It is also expected to meet growth in shortsea container traffic. Contact information for the project is given.
- COOL PORT EASES COOL DISTRIBUTION. // Food Logistics;Nov/Dec2016, Issue 182, p27
The article offers information on the Port of Rotterdam which is having accessibility to world markets due to intermodal connections through air, rail, road and sea; and mentions the port is considered home to Cool Port, a cold storage clustering in handling refrigerated cargo in containers.
- A Natural Progression. Goiri, Jesús // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2005, p34
Details on the BahÃa de Bizkaia Gas (BBG) and BahÃa de Bizkaia Electricidad (BBE) terminal construction project at the Port of Bilbao in Spain. Establishment of a terminal for reception, storage, and regasification of liquefied natural gas; Development of a combined-cycle power station;...
- Auckland Keeps It Green. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug2008, p32
The article outlines the expansion of the Ports of Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand. Previously, permits to extend the port initiated by Axis Fergusson Container Terminal was granted in 1998. The local government plans to pursue a second stage of expansion on the vicinity. Stage one included...
- "An Absolute Tragedy"? // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug2008, p34
The article reports on the problem encountered on the development of Western Australian Port of Fremantle in Australia. The facility is facing a major urban encroachment battle because the proposal met with opposition from Fremantle Ports Authority and it also met resistance from Alan Carpenter,...
- The Dream Continues. Slinn, Tony // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug2008, p36
The article offers information on the construction of the a new loading terminal at Prince Rupert in Canada and Neptune Terminals in Vancouver, British Columbia. Both terminals by Canpotex worth C$500 million is believed to double the firm's shipping capacity to 2.3 million tonnes by 2012. The...
- Intermodal Advantage. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Oct2005, p18
Discusses the modernization project of the Port of Rostock in Germany. Traffic growth; Financier of the project; Details of the project.
- Strait Talking. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jul2007, p10
The article offers a critical look on the expansion projects at the ports of Algeciras and Tangier Med located on opposite sides of the Strait of Gibraltar. The huge expansion is designed to grab a huge share of booming box traffic. Tangier Med's billion-dollar investment will see two facilities...