VAM producers push for price hike
- Seventh price rise in a row. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2135, p10
Reports on the increase in European vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) contract prices for the seventh consecutive quarter in 2005. Target price of VAM sellers; Factors that lead to the price increase.
- VAM industry expects price rises to continue next year. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;12/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2128, p18
Reports on the expected increase in prices of vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) in Europe in 2005. Price increases pushed by VAM producers; Market performance of ethylene; Factors that contributed to the price increase.
- Little hope for improved Q3 VAM contracts. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2161, p16
Reports that discussions are set to end for European third quarter vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) contracts in 2005. Factors that affect VAM pricing; Prediction on the performance of VAM in the third quarter; Average price of VAM in the second quarter.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2066, p10
Presents an update on chemicals price increase proposals in Great Britain as of September 2003. Ethyl acetate pricing proposal from Celanese; Price proposal of Millennium for vinyl acetate; Cost of nitrocellulose proposed by Nobel Enterprises.
- Celanese Announces Expansion. // Nonwovens Industry;Jan2006, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the plan of Celanese Corp. (CC) to build a 300,000 metric ton, world-scale vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) plant at its chemical complex in Nanjing, China. CC expects that the plant will be operational in late 2007 or early 2008. The VAM plant will receive acetic acid from the...
- VAM. // Chemical Week;6/13/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 20, p41
The article offers an outlook for the vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) market. Much of the VAM price increases have been cost-related, and most of the margins in the acetyls chain are in acetic acid, says Antulio Borneo of Dow. Global VAM demand is expected to grow at 3.3%-3.8%/year through 2011, SRI...
- Vinyl acetate. // European Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2069, p14
Presents information on the status of the vinyl acetate market as of September 22, 2003. Uses; Supply and demand; Pricing.
- Prices edge up to support feedstocks. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;5/2/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2145, p10
Reports on an increase in the prices of European vinyl acetate monomer (VAM) in the first quarter of 2005. Demand status for the product; Market trend for VAM; Opinion of several producers on the value of VAM.
- Producers hold out for higher VAM contracts. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;2/9/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2086, p10
Reports on a projected increase in European prices by vinyl acetate monomer producers (VAM) in the first quarter of 2004. Background on the plan of BP for its VAM plant; Concerns over the impact of higher prices on consumers' attitude toward the product.