Consumers drive semicons
- MID IC demand to hit $2.6B in 2012. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News (10616624);6/16/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p16
The article presents a forecast on the market demand of mobile Internet devices (MID), which is believed to hit $2.6 billion in 2012. With semiconductor vendors set to reap the gains of the associated integrated circuit demand, the shipments of MIDs are set to explode. It is predicted that MID...
- Chip market appears healthy, despite some bumps. Sperling, Ed; Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;1/29/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p63
This article offers an outlook on the chip market. Sales of cellular telephones hit the 1 billion mark in 2006 even though the cellular telephone market has softened in China. Computer chips are no longer the real drivers of the semiconductor industry. The strength is divided across consumer...
- No basestation growth for two years - analyst. // Electronics Weekly;6/18/2003, Issue 2104, p6
Forecasts trends in the semiconductor market for mobile telephone basestations. Components of the basestation semiconductors market; Views on the handset chipset market.
- Firms Downgrade Chip Revenue Forecast. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jul2007, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses the slowing of the revenue rise of the global semiconductor industry as reported in the forecast of two rival research firm, iSuppli and Gartner. According to iSuppli, the retardation of the growth rate of the industry is attributed to the weaker cellphone growth, excess...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;9/15/2010, Issue 2439, p8
The article presents information related to the developments in the electronics and microelectronics industry in Great Britain over the past 50 years. It is stated that the first 16-bit microprocessor was launched by Ferranti in 1976. It is mentioned that in 1960, the first government-funded...
- Semtech Controls Cell Phone Power. // Electronic News;6/12/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 24, p8
The article reports on the announcement by analog and mixed-signal semiconductor provider Semtech Corp. on June 12, 2006 of its SC905 family of power management integrated circuits for cell phones and multi-function portable devices. Cell phone designers want a power solution that gives them the...
- Effective, Quick Transitions Key to Survival and Recovery. Kibarian, John // Electronic News (10616624);7/22/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 30, p18
Deals with the importance of transition efforts for the recovery and survival of the semiconductor industry in the U.S. as of July 2002. Growth in the integrated circuit sector; Prediction on the recovery of the industry; Indications of recovery; Suggestions for factories on industrial management.
- Recovery Is Still Unfolding. McClean, Bill // Electronic News (10616624);9/30/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the business of the U.S. electronics and semiconductor industries in the third quarter of 2002. Average selling price of integrated circuits; Amount of semiconductor sales; Percentage growth of the semiconductor market.
- Report: IC Packaging Market will Grow Despite Overcapacity. // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
According to a recent report by Electronic Trend Publications, demand for integrated circuits (ICs) will grow from 78.6 billion units in 2002 to 130.2 billion in 2007 ï¿½ a growth rate of 10.6%. The report states that the level of competition in the semiconductor industry will tend to keep...