ACC gives chemicals growth prediction
- Domestic Economic Outlook Remains Uncertain Despite Improvements. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/14/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the domestic economic outlook of the American Chemistry Council (ACC) for the year 2003 in the U.S. Resumption of growth expected by ACC in the second quarter of 2003; Percentage rate of price index decline in May 2003; Domestic production of basic and specialty chemicals; Business...
- Chemical Shippers See Yellow, Then Red. // Traffic World;3/31/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 13, p27
The article offers economic outlook for chemical manufacturers in the U.S. based on the data gathered by the American Chemistry Council (ACC). ACC has long posted a cautionary yellow code which reflects a danger signal for railroads. It has rated the business of chemicals in a yellow zone based...
- Mixed performance seen for Asia. Ramesh, Deepti // Chemical Week;1/12/2015, p2
The article reports on an economic forecasts for the chemical industry in Asia in 2015. It states that China's economy seems to grow by 6.5 percent this year and by 6.8 percent in 2016. It also mentions that chemical production will rise by 8.2 percent in China, as per the prediction of the...
- Market Intelligence. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;1/6/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses the potential impact of global economic conditions on the chemical industry as of January 2014, presenting economic forecasts for regions such as Europe and the U.S. Topics include the shale gas industry in the U.S., the American Chemistry Council, monetary policy,...
- Economic Slowdown Undermines Chemical Trade. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/3/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p4
Reveals the major conclusions of the American Chemistry Council's survey of the chemical industry during the second quarter of 2001. Factors that have led to the surge in imports; Rise in exports of basic industrial chemicals during the first half of 2001; Trade balance in bulk petrochemicals...
- ACC Outlook Finds Industry Operations Returning to Normal. Valk, Vincent // Chemical Week;6/21/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 15, p13
The article focuses on a report from the American Chemistry Council (ACC) which predicted an improvement in the U.S. chemical industry in 2010 due to recovery of the country's economy.
- Chem Industry Adopts Performance Measures. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/4/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the American Chemistry Council's performance measures that will be used for tracking chemical company and industry progress in improving environmental stewardship, worker health, safety and security. Goals of the performance measures; Requirement for companies to report toxic release...
- Economic Outlook Remains Uncertain Despite a Strong First Half. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 8, p4
Highlights the warning of the American Chemistry Council about the uncertainty of the chemical market in the second half of 2002 despite solid gains in the first half of the year. Volume gains for basic chemicals; Weak pricing; U.S. economic growth.
- Responsible Care's Window of Opportunity. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;7/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p9
Comments on the Responsible Care environmental, health, and safety program established by the American Chemistry Council for the chemical industry. Information on the program; Significance of the program to the industry.