Styrenix birth sparks cuts
- Nova Declares PS Force Majeure. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;4/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 16, p40
Reports on the declaration of Nova Chemicals for a force majeure on the production of expandable polystyrene (PS), solid PS and styrene monomer in Europe. Reason for the declaration of force majeure; Impacts of low styrene inventories and styrene plant operating problems on the supply chain;...
- Nova to Close Acquired Texas City Styrene Plant. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;9/26/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 31, p13
The article reports that Nova Chemicals has secured rights to the styrene output at Sterling Chemicals' Texas City, Texas facility for $60 million with the intention of halting styrene production at the plant. According to Jeffrey M. Lipton, CEO and president at Nova, the planned closure is...
- Water-Blown EPS Will Help You and the Environment. Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p51
Introduces the water-blown expandable polystyrene bead from Nova Chemicals in Netherlands. Usability; Availability; Features.
- Nova Chemicals to Idle UK EPS Units. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/23/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 10, p3
Discloses the plan of Nova Chemicals to idle its expandable polystyrene (EPS) units at Carrington, England, in October 2002 to revitalize the company's styrenics business and improve its fiscal performance. Production capacity of the Carrington plan; Decline in European demand for EPS since 2000.
- Nova Bets on Styrenic Specialties. // Plastics Technology;Sep2002, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p74
Features the Nova Chemicals, a styrenics business in Pennsylvania. Products manufactured; Strategies and motivations applied by the company toward the personnel.
- NOVA seeks 5 cent/lb July EPS hike. Klump, Michelle // ICIS Chemical Business;7/7/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 26, p16
The article reports that Canadian plastics and chemicals manufacturer NOVA Chemicals has announced a price increase worth 110 U.S. dollars per ton for all grades of expandable polystyrene (EPS) in North America as of July 15, 2014. In a separate letter for customers dated June 26, 2014, NOVA...
- Plastics & Coatings: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/02/99, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the planned price increases for polystyrene by Nova Chemicals company. Effectivity of the price increase.
- Nova Upgrades EPS, Keeps Dylark. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the plan of Nova Chemicals to convert a portion of its existing expandable polystyrene (EPS) capacity to its premium Dylite grade used in cup and container applications. Comments from Eric Kelusky, vice president of EPS; Plans for the Dylark styrene-maleic anhydride copolymer...
- Supply Shortage Drives up Spot Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p31
Reports on an increase in styrene prices in the U.S. Reason for the price increase; Information on styrene manufacturing firm Nova Chemicals; Details on the spot styrene supply of the U.S.