5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;9/1/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 27, p43
The article presents a price report for the chemical industry as of September 2008. Spot ethylene prices were flat, despite the shut down of most crackers in Louisiana and around Port Arthur, Texas ahead of the storm. Spot naphtha in Europe slumped $80 per metric tons. Spot olefins prices also...
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p59
Presents news briefs on the global chemical industry as of December 2001. Price volatility within the energy and naphtha markets in Europe; Closure of the titanium dioxide plant of Kerr McGee in Antwerp, Belgium; Decline in spot olefins prices in Asia; Decrease in naphtha prices in Tokyo, Japan.
- Markets are tight. Richardson, John; Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 387, p19
Examines the severe shortages in the Asian chemical markets as of January 2003. Number of cracker operators that have announced scheduled maintenance shutdowns for 2003; Primary reason behind the decision of some producers in 2002 to shut down their plants temporarily; Expectations on naphtha...
- Equistar Units Restart, but Ethylene Supply Stays Thin. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;6/2/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 21, p10
Discusses the supply and demand of ethylene in the Gulf Coast of the United States amidst the shutdowns of industrial plants by several chemical companies in 1999. Reasons for the shutdown of the plants; Prices of ethylene chemicals; Olefin processing units of Equistar company.
- Olefins outlook for 2011 optimistic. Weddle, Nel; Burridge, Elaine; Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;10/11/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 12, p17
The article reports that the demand for European olefins is expected to increase in 2011. It is stated that with European ethylene and propylene derivative markets supported by robust exports, this year so far has been widely described as better than expected. It is mentioned that INEOS is...
- Naphtha Is in Short Supply. Xuesong, Bai // China Chemical Reporter;1/26/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
The article presents information related to the increasing demand for naphtha, one of the important oil products in China. In China, naphtha is mainly used to produce refining and chemical integrated complexes, such as ethylene and aromatics. As per statistics, the output of chemical light oil...
- Contracts set spot market pitch. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;3/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p40
The article presents updates on market trends in the chemical industry. European naphtha cargoes were assessed at cif NWE. Prices tracked higher crude futures, but the market continued to be characterized by an overhang of supply and slack spot-demand given closed U.S. and Asian arbs. The...
- Cracker operators fear margin squeeze. // Asian Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 398, p24
Reports the concerns raised by Asian cracker operators over ethylene prices and naphtha costs. Decline in the cost of ethylene per tonne; Impact of such trend on traders; Plans of operators in connection with the issue.
- INTERNATIONAL SCENE. // Chemical Business;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p59
Presents world news briefs on issues related to the chemical industry as of September 2000. Prices of ethylene in Asia; Demand for polyethylene and polypropylene derivative products; Cut in the naphtha supplies from Kuwait.