Effective Mentoring Relationships From the Mentee's Perspective
- How to Work with a Mentor. // Grovo Learning: How to Work with a Mentor;2016, p1
Video length: 1 minute and 22 seconds. Once you have found a mentor, it is important to cultivate this relationship. This video details how to foster a successful mentor/mentee relationship by starting small, keeping to a set schedule, and showing gratitude.
- Mentoring: The Components for Success. Young, Clara Y.; Wright, James V. // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Sep2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p202
Focuses on the process of mentoring in education. Usage of the process in workplaces and academia; Description of a mentor; Quality of a good mentor.
- Leaving a Legacy. Warbington, Rachel // Women in Business;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p24
Stresses the need for everyone to get involved with other people. Benefits of participating in both philanthropic activities and mentoring relationships; Ways to become involved in the lives of others.
- Developing the Mentor/Protege Relationship. DeJovine, Beverly Biernat; Harris, Elaine Robbins // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p52
Gives advice on developing relationship between mentor and protege. Phases of the mentoring relationship; Need for mentors to listen without judgment to proteges' views; Methods of dealing with differences.
- The obligations of mentors and mentees. Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;1/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p24
Looks at the roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees. Relationship between mentors and mentees.
- My cottage mentor. Brannan, Stuart // Cottage Life West;Jul2014, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p37
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in meeting his fishing and cottage life mentor Charlie Whitter.
- Editor's Page. Farrenkopf, Carol // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Apr2005, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p195
Introduces a series of articles related to mentor-learner relationship.
- The gift of wisdom. WOODWARD, MARK // Golfdom;Sep2013, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p16
The article presents the author's insights on the mentoring in the golf industry. The author mentions that strong relationships based from trust and confidence are developed between the mentors and golf protÃ©gÃ©s. He adds the mentoring can be considered by the mentors as a way of giving...
- One-on-One. Waitley, Denis // Personal Excellence Essentials;Jul2007, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p15
The author explains the characteristics of a good role model and mentor. According to the author, finding out what others want and helping them succeed is the secret to being a good role model and mentor. He adds that a person's success in getting along with others and communicating effectively...