- Quilting Club meets. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);10/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p4
The article reports on the proceedings of a meeting of the Golden Needles Quilting Club at the Gay Cole home in October 2006. The participants quilted at the home. Those present were Pearl Hermesmeyer, Josie Burgess, Eva Lee Swinney, Barbara Helms, Dortha Reynolds, Rosa Lee Waison, Ann Bunyan,...
- QUILTING 2001. Proeller, Marie // Country Living;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the trends in quilting in the United States as of January 2001. Information on the Meetinghouse Quilters of Washington, Connecticut; Aspects of quilting that make it interesting; Indications that quilting will endure in the 21st century; Notions about quilting.
- Visual Verse. Patterson, Sunita // Fiberarts;Summer2004, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p49
The article offers information Visual Verse, a project organized by the Contemporary Quilt Art Association (CQA) where poets and quiltmakers collaborate to offer ideas and lessons about each other's works. The project attracted 40 teams of poets and artists from Washington. Quilters created...
- Quilt Connections. Wildemuth, Susan // Quilter's World;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p14
Presents a list of grants and scholarships available for quilters. American Quilt Study Group; International Machine Quilters Association; International Quilting Association; Museum of the American Quilter's Society; National Quilting Association.
- THE Jennings HOMESTEAD. Riggio, Suzanne Mouton // Quilting Arts Magazine;Jun/Jul2013, Issue 63, p86
The article offers information a quilt made by Milwaukee Art Quilters members. The quilt features an 1884 Victorian farmhouse and is composed of 24 blocks. The image was sliced into 24 with each photographic image turned into a cartoon to clarify and simplify the elements. The quilt project is...
- A Stitch in Time. Vanhooser, Cassandra M. // Southern Living;Nov2004, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on an Amish quilt auction at St. Mary's County in Maryland. Aim of the event to raise medical funds and celebrate the contribution of the Amish Women to the community; Advantage of quilting over farming; Event schedule and location for 2004.
- Quilting seminar has September openings. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/04/97, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the schedule of the registration of quilting seminars sponsored by Quilting-in-the-Valley.
- Brooklyn quilters help with borough's appalling AIDS epidemic. // New York Amsterdam News;03/03/98, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on `Patchwork of Love' project of the Brooklyn Quilters' Guild to help acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) patients in New York. Comments of Brooklyn Heights resident Carole Siegall on quilting; Status of AIDS affliction in Brooklyn; Allocation of proceeds of the quilt projects.
- Greater NY Links install community quilt at Alma Rangel Gardens in Harlem. // New York Amsterdam News;3/31/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on a reception hosted by the Greater New York Chapter of the Links Inc. that honors the installation of The White Rose Quilt at Alma Rangel Gardens in Harlem, New York City.