- "MET HOME'S" 2005 "DESIGN CARES" TO BENEFIT NEW ORLEANS/NEW YORK HOMELESS. // Media Industry Newsletter;10/24/2005, Vol. 58 Issue 41, p2
Reports on the benefit performance for hurricane Katrina victims sponsored by the "Metropolitan Home" at the New York Design Center. Admission charge for the event; Prizes offered for the raffle tickets; Organization that would benefit from the event.
- LONG ROAD AHEAD. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/26/2005, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p4
Reports on fundraising activities initiated by school children in the U.S. to help hurricane Katrina victims in New Orleans, Louisiana. Worth of donations made to Katrina relief groups; Challenges facing hurricane survivors; Cause of the flood in the region. INSET: HOW HURRICANES FORM.
- Rathbun's dinner raises $100K for Red Cross. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/17/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p22
Reports on the launch of a fundraising event for victims of Hurricane Katrina by Rathbun's restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. Participants of the event; Proceeds of the fundraising.
- MIZANI HELPS UNLOCK HOPE. C. W. // American Salon;Feb2008, Vol. 131 Issue 2, pM6
The article reports that Mizani, a hair care company, has generated $5,000 toward its 2008 goal of building homes for displaced families affected by Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana, after joining the Hairdressers Unlocking Hope (HUH) movement. It mentions that nine salons from...
- After the Hurricane. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;10/3/2005, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the victims of Hurricane Katrina that affected different parts of the U.S. in September 2005. INSETS: Eyewitness;Old World Charm.
- After Katrina. Brown, Bryan // Junior Scholastic;9/1/2008, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses how the people of New Orleans, Louisiana, are struggling to rebuild their homes and businesses since Hurricane Katrina hit the U.S. Gulf Coast in late August 2005.
- Houma Nation of Louisiana still struggles to rebuild. // American Indian Report;Apr2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the struggle of the United Houma Nation of Louisiana to repair their livelihoods and shattered lives after hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS. Eisenberg, Daniel; Klarreich, Kathie // Time;11/28/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p42
The article focuses on the case of the Betz family of Pass Christian, Mississippi and their experience of surviving and recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. The author reviews how the town of Pass Christian was completely wiped out by the storm. The family relocated to...
- HAPPILY OUT OF THE NINTH WARD. Kher, Unmesh; Billips, Mike; Shell, Callie // Time;11/28/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p47
The article focuses on the case of the Brown family from the Ninth Ward of New Orleans, Louisiana and their experience of surviving and recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. The author reviews the Brown's family history in the Ninth Ward. The family relocated to Marietta,...