Rural Reps Going the Distance
- Networks fizzle on 4th. // Electronic Media;7/15/96, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the posting of an all-time low by Fox Broadcasting Co., American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) and CBS Inc. for the week of July 1-7, 1996 according to the Nielsen Media Research.
- Where the media buyers are. // Adweek Western Edition;5/20/96, Vol. 46 Issue 21, p50
Presents the schedule of upfront presentations of major television networks starting May 20, 1996. American Broadcasting Co.; Fox Broadcasting Co.; CBS Inc.
- A Fable for Prime Time: The Fox and the Peacock. Davidson, Tiffany; Fisher, Meredith; Minott, Renee; Sommers, Paul // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on the prime time rating of three cable television networks in the United States. Fox Broadcasting Co.; American Broadcasting Network; Columbia Broadcasting Service.
- Three nets to share news. McClellan // Broadcasting & Cable;01/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on an agreement among American Broadcasting Co., CBS Inc., and Fox Broadcasting to share news broadcasts in the United States. Decision aimed at competing with the similar action of CNN; Reaction of the networks' station affiliates.
- CBS Leads in HHs, Viewers Two-Thirds Into Sweeps. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;11/28/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the ratings of television networks in the U.S. as of November 2005. CBS is leading in both household ratings and viewers. CBS is averaging a 4.5 rating in the 18-49 demographics, while ABC is at 4.3. Fox has a 4.4. household ratings.
- Promo budgets stay flat. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;07/20/98, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p9
Cites Competitive Media Reporting's report on the advertising expenditures of American Broadcasting Co., National Broadcasting Co. Inc., CBS Inc. and Fox Broadcasting Company. Networks' advertising spending on magazines and newspapers; Increased spending in radio by the networks.
- Nielsen ratings: March 5-11. // Variety;03/16/98, Vol. 370 Issue 5, p32
Rates several prime time television (TV) programs in four broadcasting stations of the United States. American Broadcasting Co.; CBS Inc.; National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Fox Broadcasting Co.
- Networks Bask In Holiday Cheer. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;11/19/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p4
Talks about the low percentage of cancellations of advertisements from ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox broadcast networks. Advertising categories that have taken up most of the available scatter time; Programs of ABC network that are in audience-deficient situations; CBS shows that have been...
- Addenda. // MediaWeek;12/14/98, Vol. 8 Issue 47, p3
Looks at various developments in the mass media industry in the United States as of December 14, 1998. Trading of CBS' initial public offering for Infinity; Fox Broadcasting Co.'s airing of a preview of its animated show `Family Guy' on January 13, 1999; Plans of American Broadcasting Co, to...