Juniper Router Speeds IP Switchover
- Routing Over Large Clouds. // Network Dictionary;2007, p420
An encyclopedia entry for the Routing Over Large Clouds group is presented. It is a working group in the Internet Engineering Task Force created to analyze and propose solutions to problems that arise when performing Internet Protocol routing over large, shared media networks, such as...
- The Internet as an application. Nolle, Thomas // Network World;12/20/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p33
The article focuses on the use of Internet in business enterprises. This year the dollar value of U.S. carrier routers deployed in networks not part of the Internet exceeded the dollar value of those installed as part of the Internet. The cause of the change is convergence. Carriers are...
- Logical IP Subnet. // Network Dictionary;2007, p292
A reference entry for "Logical IP Subnet" (LIS) is presented. It refers to a group of IP nodes, such as hosts and routers, that connects to a single ATM network and belongs to the same IP subnet.
- ATM: The business case. Moley, Richard M. // Business Communications Review;Mar96 Supplement, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Looks at the efficiency of the ATM (Asynchronous transfer mode) in a network environment. Carrier Multiservice Networks; Rebuilding of Enterprise ATM Network; Internet services.
- Speedy ATM steps up Internet traffic. Snyder, Beth // Telephony;5/13/96, Vol. 230 Issue 20, p9
Reports that Internet is getting high-speed asynchronous transfer mode (ATM), through the installation of OC-12 modules by telecommunication companies in the United States. Effects of ATM on the industry; Information on PacTel's installation of StratCom's BPX ATM OC-3 on the node; Response to...
- Streamlining Internet traffic. Maamria, Kamel // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p73
Focuses on carriers' efforts of searching for effective ways to transport Internet traffic over their asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) networks. Problem with running Internet protocol (IP) over ATM; Concerns on maximizing efficient use of backbone networks; Description of IP switching;...
- Looking for the fast lane. Dodge, Steve // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p66
Discusses Y.C. Jenq's hopes of pursuing a study on the asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) which would improve the speed of the Internet. Related works on efficient phone line combination; Idea of one signal network to transmit information.
- ISPs jump on OC-192 bandwagon. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;04/03/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p14
Reports on some Internet service providers' boosting of their Internet access speeds in an effort to keep up with customer demand for more bandwidth. Deployment of Juniper Networks high-speed routers; Include UUNET, Cable and Wireless, GTE Internetworking.
- D-Link DSL-504. // Australian Personal Computer;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p91
Networking devices manufacturer D-Link Corp.'s router/modem model DSL-504 is actively supported by D-Link, with firmware upgrades to add new features like UPnP and support for MSN Messenger 6. One of its standout features for users of P2P software is the "IP masquerade timer" which allows tuning...