VOD: A Rewarding Experience
- 'In Good Company' Local Ad Sales Promotion. Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the partnership of NBC Universal (NBCU) with CNBC in promoting the motion picture "In Good Company" in the U.S. via video-on-demand. Stacy Melle, vice president of marketing for NBCU, cites the challenges they encountered in the partnership. The promotion of...
- Indigestion Foretold? Hibberd, James // Television Week;2/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p4
The article comments on a promotion showing a fortune cookie made by NBC Universal for the film "Fearless" on video-on-demand. At a certain point, even the most innocuous items become frightening once they reach a certain size. This cookie has easily surpassed that point. Stare at it long enough...
- Inside Gable's Makeover Wars. Rose, Lacey // Hollywood Reporter;6/29/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 23, p38
The article offers information on the rebranding of network which is important in the digital market in the U.S. It offers information on the rebranding of the Style network by the NBC Universal Inc. It mentions that the Style network focused on women is trying to differentiate among viewers,...
- NBC U, WWE In Tag Team. // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p24
The article reports on the partnership between NBC Universal Inc. and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Inc. concerning the establishment of video-on-demand (VOD) and pay-per view (PPV) sales promotion in the U.S. It was inferred that the move will help cable television operators to attract...
- Write stronger subject lines. // Communication Briefings;Apr2013, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
The article presents a discussion of the Four U approach in drafting stronger promotional email subject lines, adapted from the book "The Three Key Elements of Irresistible Email Subject Lines" Brian Clark.
- MARKETERS SPENDING MORE AND WINNING BIG WITH ONLINE PROMOTIONS. Nemes, Judith // B to B;6/25/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the increasing number of companies that use the Internet for marketing and sales promotion in the United States. Average budget relegated to online promotions for 2001; Popular online promotion strategies; Advantages presented by online promotions to businesses.
- NBC, COX TEST FREE PRIME-TIME SHOWS ON DEMAND. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;9/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p12
The article reports on the launch by NBC Universal and Cox Communications of a video-on-demand offering of several primetime shows from the television network. "30 Rock," "Friday Night Lights," "Las Vegas," "Bionic Woman" and "Life" will be available for free to Cox cable subscribers in Palos...
- NBC UNIVERSAL'S 'KING KONG' ON DEMAND. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;7/23/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p22
The article reports on strategies of NBC Universal Digital Distribution to market the film "King Kong." It says that the movie can be better positioned in the electronic program guide by creating a "King Kong" category so users did not have to click multiple menus to reach the film. It states...
- HULU BOWS SVOD SERVICE IN JAPAN. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/5/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p1
The article features the September 1, 2011 launching of Hulu for a subscription-based video-on-demand (VOD) service in Japan as the first international online movie platform and repurposed television show with co-owners NBC Universal, News Corp. and The Walt Disney Co.