UFC Founder's Back In Ring
- Sports Get a Dose of Reality TV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p28
The article focuses on the trend in sports reality television program in cable television in the U.S. The competitive nature and familiarity of sports will contribute to the success of sports reality programming. The television program "Ultimate Fighter" garnered an average household rating of...
- With games so pricey, reality works overtime. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;3/28/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 63, Special Section pA1
The article reports on the reality programs created by Connecticut-based cable network ESPN. One is "Bonds on Bonds," which follows San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds' aim of surpassing Hank Aaron's home run record. Another is "Knight School" which follows Texas Technology basketball...
- NHL's Avalanche in Virtual First Place. Gibbons, Kent; Reynolds, Mike; Haugsted, Linda; Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p4
Presents updates on cable operator GSN Global Services Network Inc. as of October 2004. Airing of reports about the U.S. National Hockey League in the EA Sports Channel; Song styles offered by the operator; Launch of the reality show produced by the firm which is entitled Dream Derby.
- Reality 'Knocks' for HBO with NFL training series. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;06/14/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 9, p5
Announces the scheduled airing of Home Box Office's sports-based reality series 'Hard Knocks: Training Camp With the Baltimore Ravens' starting August 1, 2001. Production of the series in association with NFL Films; Tracking of players and coaches' daily lives; Baltimore Ravens football team's...
- Are short-run reality series a long-term fix? Ryan, Leslie // Electronic Media;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p1A
Reports on the strategy adopted by broadcast networks. Emphasis on short-run reality series as medium and long term solution for certain time slots; Creation of time slots for reality television shows by cable network channels ABC and CBS; Popular reality shows of different cable networks.
- Channeling Reality. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Presents information on Reality Central, a reality programming digital cable channel to be launched in the U.S. in January 2003. List of the names of the executives of Reality Central; Objectives of the network; Overview of the programming on the network.
- FAST TRACK. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p10
Provides news briefs related to broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. as of November 25, 2002. Brief information about the forthcoming reality serials to be telecast on various cable television channels; Renewal of the multi-year contract of Peter Jennings with American Broadcasting Co....
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...