'Motherload' Roams Around
- SET TO STUN. Bierly, Mandi // Entertainment Weekly;4/13/2007, Issue 929, p61
The article discusses reviews of two DVDs including "Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner," and "How William Shatner Changed the World."
- THE ROASTING OF William Shatner. Alexander, Bryan // People;8/28/2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p39
The article presents an interview with actor William Shatner, who will be the subject of "The Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner." The actor is preparing to maintain a neutral expression and blot his forehead with a rag for both his roast and the Emmy's, for which he is nominated in the...
- Contenders Range From Class to Crass. Fees, Jarre // Television Week;8/13/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p18
The article offers information on the 2007 Emmy Awards. Elizabeth Porter, senior VP of specials and talent at Comedy Central, is the network executive for "The Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner," the network's first special to be nominated for an Emmy. In contrast to the roast is the...
- Comedy Central heads miniscule mobile TV audience. Whitney, Daisy // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p15
This article reports on the popularity of Comedy Central's television program The Daily Show among mobile television audiences during the second quarter of 2006. Comedy Central has 40 percent penetration in mobile video, so demand is all the more impressive. Mobile downloads and the dollars that...
- Squeezing the cellular network. Potter, Robin // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p63
Looks into problems associated with the rapid expansion of the cellular telephone market in the United States. Problems in optimizing the cellular network to deliver both performance and quality of service; Processes and benefits involved with performance engineering in mobile networks.
- Pre-paid popularity. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p70
Examines the rise of prepaid cellular telephone services in Thailand. Pay-as-you packages being offered by the country's largest service providers, Advanced Information Services and Total Access Communications; Tactics being employed by the companies to gain a larger market share; Other...
- VERIZON & LG MOBILE PHONES INTRODUCE HIGH SPEED DATA PHONE. // Telephone IP News;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Deals with the move Verizon Wireless to introduce LG Mobile Phones's VX1, a cellular telephone that can access Verizon's high-speed Express Network service. Features of the cellular telephone; Information on the Express Network service of Verizon; Charge cost for Verizon's Express Network service.
- 3G Cell Phones: Still To Come. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;2/18/2002, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on third generation cellular phones. Paths to 3G cell phones; Service capabilities of 3G cell phones; Digital signal processor needs of 3G radios.
- TALK IS CHEAP. // Engineer (00137758);5/30/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7628, p46
Reports on the patent filing for disposable mobile phones (DMP). Features and operation of DMP.