Do-It-Yourself Video's 3 Minutes a Day
- Sending Execs to 'Camp' // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p40
Looks at the Training Camp organized by ESPN for local cable sales representative. Objective of the training camp; Challenges encountered by cable sales representative; Components of the training camp.
- ESPN Backs 'Outdoor Games' with Humor. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p15
Focuses on the plans by ESPN to launch multimedia marketing and promotions for its year 2000 Great Outdoor Games. Promotion support for the program similar to the network's Winter X Games; Prize money offered by the network according to executives.
- Second-Screen Sports Options Circumventing TV Rights Pacts. Shields, Mike // Adweek;4/9/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 14, p12
The article discusses the second-screen television advertising platform as of April 2012, focusing on the sports television network ESPN and its GameCast viewing application, and the impact of the GameCast viewership of the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England on entertainment company NBC...
- ESPN Takes PPV to Web. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/18/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the Internet simulcasting of the pay-per-view boxing card of ESPN featuring former heavy weight champion Mike Tyson on April 23, 2005. Features of the boxing card; Cable properties of ESPN that will run spots for the boxing event; Official title sponsor for the event.
- Bout Tout. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p21
The article reports that ESPN Inc. has started airing the boxing series "The Contender" on its ESPN 360 Web site. It states that the show will be presented on the site until the final fight on September 26, 2006. Furthermore, the semifinal fights will also be shown online through ESPN Motion on...
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- Case study: Chalk Hotel. // Australian Hotelier;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p22
An interview with Ben Roberts, Chalk Hotel's operations manager for marketing, sales and entertainment, is presented. Asked if his establishment made any changes with regards to presenting the World Cup on their television screens, he said it did not, though each of their 45 plasma screens were...
- COMCAST SPORTSNET PROVIDES THE LOCAL ANGLE. Curry, Sheree R. // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the incorporation of the Comcast Advertising Sales for Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic to boost the convenience of local cable sports advertising in the area as of January 2004. Broadcast rights owned by the network in the Mid-Atlantic states; Estimate on the number of Comcast...
- TEN MINUTES WITH ESPN'S SEAN BRATCHES. Stahl, Lauren // NSGA Retail Focus;Dec2012, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p12
An interview with Sean Bratches of ESPN Inc. is presented. When asked on how does a culture play a role in how he leads and manages the people he works with, he refers to putting culture as the central to the company's success. Bratches states that the brand at ESPN is its most valuable business...