McGrath's MTVN Is 'Hunting' Consumers
- New VH1 Team Looking for a Fresh Approach. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p40
Discusses the changes in programming and marketing at VH1 cable television (TV) network. Rate of decline in ratings in the first quarter of 2002; List of TV shows it will launch; Efforts to intensify the marketing of the network.
- NICK GETS READY FOR A 'WILD' UPFRONT RIDE. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;3/7/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p3
The article examines marketing of cable television advertising by the cable television broadcasting company Nickelodeon, which presents children's television programs and is owned by MTV Networks, during the so-called upfront advanced sales period for the 2011-2012 television season.
- A ROCKIN' ROLE. Higgins, John M. // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, Special Section p4A
Profiles Judy McGrath, chairman and CEO of MTV Networks. Reason for her selection as recipient of the Vanguard Award for Distinguished Leadership of year 2006; Career background; Accomplishments of McGrath in cable television programming at MTV.
- LESSONS FROM THE TRU2WAY CONFAB. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;5/26/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p27
The author reflects on Tru2way Developers Conference. It is the author's view that consumers are resoundingly interested in digital cable without the set-top box for the three reasons, that is, no monthly set-top rental fees, no futzing with wiring, and one remote control. She also inferred that...
- Romance gives tips on courting women. Forkan // Multichannel News;11/29/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p26
Reports on Romance Classics Network's plan to give out a marketing kit containing advice for cable operators on how to market programs to women. Distribution of the kit through trade magazines; Total number of Romance affiliates.
- As HD Grows, Job of Explaining It Does, Too. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 29, p16
Highlights the need for television programmers and distributors to communicate benefits of high-definition (HD) television to consumers. Number of homes in the U.S. with HD television sets; HD as direct revenue source for some cable television networks; Marketing efforts to boost HD televisions.
- Surveys Show Bundle's Appeal is Rising. // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p18
Reports the survey of consumer attitudes toward bundled cable services in the United States. Competition between local telephone and cable providers; Rank of telecommunication companies considered to bundle Internet access; Disadvantages of bundling.
- Cable ready. Callaghan, D. P. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/14/002, Vol. 373 Issue 23, pS-22
Focuses on the significance of the cable television networks in marketing a motion picture. Ability to produce creative marketing for a motion picture; Efficiency in programming a movie with added value in engineered programming; Appeal of the cable television in marketing a film to the consumers.
- CORRECTIONS. // Advertising Age;4/6/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p13
Corrections are presented to the articles "Brands Team Up for User-Generated Ad Contest," and "Broadcast TV or Cable, It's All the Same to Consumers," both published in the March 23, 2009 issue of "Advertising Age."