AT&T Gets OK In Ark
- National ink. // Business News New Jersey;09/22/97, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the plans of AT&T to franchise its brand name and marketing rights to affiliated companies involved in the wireless and local phone services market. Benefits of the move to the company; Who was responsible for the proposal.
- AT&T Wins Conn. Franchise. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p8
The article reports on the grant of a statewide franchise to telecommunication company, AT&T in Connecticut on November 1, 2007 based on a ruling from the Connecticut Superior Court in Hartford. The ruling is expected to result of an increased competition in cable television in Connecticut with...
- Portland OKs Transfer. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p28
Reports on the transfer of the cable franchise of AT&T in Portland, Oregon. Demands of Portland on AT&T regarding the transfer; Concessions in exchange for transfer approval; Connection of the installation of city government and schools in a wide-area network.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 61, p2
Reports on the plan of AT&T to invest in upgrading its plant in California for Project Lightspeed. Factor which would speed up the franchise process according to the telecommunication company.
- AT&T, Comcast Need Franchise OKs. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Reports the transfer of franchises by AT&T Corp. and Comcast Corp. in the United States. Completion on the merger of the two companies by the franchise transfer; Proportion of franchises to be transferred; Statement regarding the transfer of franchises by spokeswoman Karen Buchholz.
- AT&T Unit Faces Fines in California. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p9
Reports the charges against AT&T for franchise-fee short fall and franchise violations in California. Accounts on the underpayment of franchise fees made by MSO; Failure of operators to take credit refund from customers; Assessment of fine for company discrepancy retroactivation.
- 'Net gain. H.C.F. // Entrepreneur;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p156
Focuses on how franchise companies in the United States are finding creative ways to promote themselves on the Internet. Information available at Molly Maid Inc.'s home page; `Entrepreneur' magazine's online advertising program; Pizza Ranch's World Wide Web site.
- 'Net Nets Gains in Franchisee Lead Generation. Larson, Polly // Franchising World;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p27
Reports that franchise companies make use of the Internet in implementing their sales and marketing activities. Efficiency of the Internet; Information on the marketing tools used by franchisors; Importance of the follow-up process in business. INSET: Internet Lead Led to Internet-based Career.
- From Clicks to Cash: How to Use the Internet to Drive New Business to Your Franchisees. Falzone, Paul A. // Franchising World;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p34
Offers advice on how to integrate the business activities of franchise companies into the Internet. Suggestion for promoting a Web site; Why companies need to accept their failure; Quality control of Web sites.