Televisa Is Not Done Yet
- Televisa tries to keep Univision bid together. Goldsmith, Jill; De La Fuente, Anna Marie; O'Boyle, Michael // Daily Variety;6/23/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 59, p5
The article focuses on the effort of Mexican broadcaster Televisa to keep a bid for U.S. firm Univision after three of its partners bailed. Carlyle, Blackstone and KKR have abandoned the bid. Televisa was trying to persuade remaining partners Bain Capital and Bill Gates' Cascade Investment to...
- Televisa Buys Into Univision. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p18
The article offers information on an agreement under which Grupo Televisa will make an investment of 1.2 billion U.S. dollars in Univision.
- READY TO CROSS THE BORDER. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;12/21/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the revision of the accords between Univision Communications and Grupo Televisa in the United States. Benefit for Televisa's stake in the growing Hispanic market in the US; Extension of the exclusive rights of Univision on US broadcast rights to all productions; Agreement to launch...
- Slimming down. // Business Mexico;Jul1998, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p10
Provides information on a move being made by Grupo Televisa to reduce its participation in Univision Communications. Reasons for this reduction by Grupo Televisa; Number of workers to be sent home from Grupo Televisa; Financial information on the company.
- Core focus. // Business Mexico;Nov1998, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Cites the outcome of media group Televisa's offering of Class A common stock in Univision Communications Inc. Number of shares sold; Net proceeds from the offering; Use of proceeds to reduce Televisa's debt and strengthen its budget for the raging media battle with rival TV Azteca.
- Numbers. // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p36
The article presents the prediction of analyst David Joyce at Miller Tabak + Co. LLC that cable upfront for 2011 will be up 11.5% which amounts to nine billion U.S. dollars.
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;7/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 129, p3
States that Mexican broadcaster Grupo Televisa has decided that it will not contribute its shares of Univision to Umbrella Holdings, the company that won the bid for Univision. Shares of Grupo Televisa in Univision; Offer made by Umbrella Holdings for Univision.
- Univision, Televisa sign new pact. de la Fuente, Anna Marie // Daily Variety;3/24/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 61, p4
The article reports on a long-term deal between Univision Inc. and its program supplier Televisa in Puerto Rico. The filing in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission indicates that Univision signed an agreement with Televisa and with Venevision of Venezuela, giving Univision a...
- AdWatch. Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;2/20/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p8
The article presents an update on advertising companies as of February 2006. On February 9, 2006, Univision scored a 52-week high a day after it put itself up for sale. Televisa, a key supplier of Univision shows, would face regulatory hurdles. It also presents the top marketer, media and...