Companies Turn to Outsourcing for HR Software Needs
- Maintaining Control of Critical Data an Era HR Outsourcing. Speroni, Paul // Workforce;Apr99 Supplement, Vol. 78, p13
The article discusses the issues needed to be considered by the human resource (HR) departments of U.S. companies with regards to determining the extent of HR functions they are willing to delegate to an HR outsourcing firm. One approach is to select an outsourcing firm that offers the option to...
- IT services: don't forget the little guys. // MarketWatch: Technology;July 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the tendency of information services providers to work with a number of best of breed or niche suppliers on large contracts when outsourcing information technology services. Focus on the size and scope of major information technology services providers; Increase in the popularity of...
- Innovation is the nearshore lure. Hewitt, Myle // Computer Weekly;5/1/2007, p16
The article reports on the survey conducted by the National Outsourcing Association (NOA) which shows that the perception of India as an information technology (IT) outsourcing giant is holding up well. However, it also shows that nearshoring centers in Central and Eastern Europe have presented...
- Hewitt: taking the HRO lead with Exult acquisition. // MarketWatch: Technology;August 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p16
Hewitt's acquisition of Exult Inc. for $691 million sees it taking the lead in the nascent human resources outsourcing (HRO) sector. The deal will put Hewitt ahead of traditional IT services giants such as IBM Global Services, Accenture, Affiliated Computer Services, and EDS, which are rapidly...
- ASPs are the solution to overtaxed IT departments. Gillette, Bill // Managed Healthcare Executive;Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p38
Investigates the trend toward outsourcing of information technology functions to application service providers. Most frequently outsourced information technology functions in 2001; Increasing adoption of ASP arrangements; Evaluation of application service providers.
- ASPs: Are They Right for Your Business? Frye, Colleen // Software Magazine;Apr/May2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p32
Deals with the application service providers (ASP) market in the United States. Prediction for the market by 2002; Importance of outsourcing information technology services; Problems faced by ASPs; Steps to consider in evaluating an ASP.
- Taking IT offshore. Leung, Linda // Network World;8/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p57
Focuses on trends and developments relevant to offshore outsourcing for U.S.-based information technology (IT) firms. Issues related to shipping IT jobs overseas; Operations of offshore service providers; Target countries for offshore operations.
- TECH TAKEOUT. A.C.K. // Entrepreneur;Sep2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p48
Reports on trends pertaining to outsourcing in the information technology industry in the U.S. Outsourcing of technology support and online computer resource management applications; Benefits from internet-based offerings from application service providers (ASP) to store and organize valuable...
- 'Cuts could create outsourcing boom.'. Churchard, Claire // People Management;4/22/2010, p6
The article reports on the possibility for the demand for human resource outsourcing services to increase after the election in Great Britain in 2010.