New TV Spots Offer Crash Course in Kids' Nutrition
- The importance of eating the right food. Burke, Tim // Children & Young People Now;7/30/2009, p31
In this article, the author discusses the research of the School Food Trust regarding improvements of children's ability in the afternoon due to alterations in school lunches. The author states that the trust is not creating a debate about nutritional balance, but it contemplated that...
- Parents can use sports to get kids to eat breakfast. // Jet;04/07/97, Vol. 91 Issue 20, p52
Suggests a way parents can use sports to get kids to eat breakfast. The value of eating breakfast to perform better in sports; A strategy for combating children's common excuses; The alternation of breakfast foods so that children do not get bored; Weekend breakfasts as an event.
- Kids! Hales, Dianne // Working Mother;Jan96, p62
Reports that nearly half of all children surveyed eat dinner in fifteen minutes or less.
- Praise the child, pass the prunes. // Better Homes & Gardens;Feb94, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p78
Reports on a study on a method of motivating youngsters to try new foods. Praising kids instead of bribing them with toys; Foods used to test the hypothesis.
- NOTES FROM SCIENTIFIC DEPARTMENT. // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p21
Provides news briefs of interest for vegetarians in the U.S., current as of January 2004. Cooking demonstration by food service advisor, Nancy Berkoff; Annual meeting of the North American Vegetarian Society; Activities of Nancy Berkoff for the benefit of vegetarians.
- Sugar and kids' behavior. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Jan/Feb96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the results of a study on effects of sugar on the behavior or cognitive performance of children. Literature on the association of nutrition and criminal behavior; Causes of anti-sugar beliefs.
- NOT-SO-SWEET NEWS. // Parenting Early Years;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p22
The article reports on a study indicating that daily consumption of sweets by children will make them more likely to get arrested for violent offenses as adults.
- CONFERENCES & EVENTS. // Foods Matter (UK);Aug2008, p8
A calendar of events for the England area is presented which include "Children's Workshops" on September 16 and October 25, 2008, "Feeding Young Minds--Nutrition in Childhood and Omega-3 for Behaviour, Learning & Mood: Science Policy & Practice" on September 26, 2008 and October 3, 2008...
- Families and Pediatric Feeding Problems. Martorana, Pamela; Bove, Kelly; Scarcelli, Melissa // Exceptional Parent;Oct2008, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p58
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of having pediatric feeding problems in their families.