- News breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/13/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the possible use of renovated Boeing 747 airplanes by the US Air Force to find targets for its proposed fleet of airborne laser aircraft.
- USAF chief favors C-17s as C-141s retire early. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/12/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 24, p20
Reports on the U.S. Air Force's plans to retire the fleet of C-141 transports by 2003. Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Ronald R. Fogleman's preference for C-17s; Economic aspects of decision; Requirements.
- HAULIN' HURONS. Carlson, Ted // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p18
Features the C-12 Huron aircraft of the United States Air Force. History of the C-12; Specifications of the aircraft; Comments of pilots on the C-12; Role of the aircraft in the US Air Force.
- An Occasion for Dignity. // Officer;May2007, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p69
The article reports on the arrival of the new aircraft of the 932nd Airlift Wing of the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. Accordingly, the Boeing-built C-40C aircraft is designed to transport distinguished visitors of the command. The aircraft was received by the...
- Air Force Mulls Changes To C-130 Fleet, May Not Upgrade E-Models. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;3/7/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 44, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force is rethinking its plan to upgrade its C-130 Hercules medium-sized transport aircraft and may opt instead to a newer C-130J or a smaller cargo platform. Service officials said a restructure is in the works with the Avionics Modernization Program that...
- History Mystery. Dorr, Robert F. // Air Power History;Winter2011, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p64
The article discusses the U.S. Air Force's Douglas YC-15 Advanced Medium short take-off and landing (STOL) Transport (AMST) aircraft, a photograph of which was featured in the Fall 2011 issue.
- New shields for Hercules. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;Jun94, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the United States Air Force's purchase of drop-in armor packages for the C-130E airplanes or Hercules turboprop transports and kits for the C-141 Starlifters. Protection for threat of small-arms fire of big airplanes; Inclusions in the Simula armor kits.
- FEE, FI, FO, FUM... Munson, Russell // Flying;Jun2000, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p104
Focuses on the Galaxy C-5A airplane used by the United States Air Force.
- A new Boeing 74-400F... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/31/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p22
Reports that the Boeing 747-400F that will serve as the platform for the United States Air Force's first Airborne Laser has been delivered to the company's facilities in Kansas, Wichita for modification. Strengthening of the cargo floor to accommodate the high-energy laser; Replacement of some...