- Air launch missile...ground launched? // Flying Safety;Mar1997, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p14
Reports that two Air Force airmen who failed to properly transport weapons from an F-16 were decertified. Service members' insistence on starting the transport procedure without their team chief; Tips for avoiding similar incidents.
- The Mystery of Minot. Lindorff, Dave // American Conservative;10/22/2007, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p18
The article focuses on the controversy surrounding the missing nuclear weapon incident on August 29 and 30, 2007 in Minot, North Dakota. It relates that the series of six deaths involving U.S. Armed Forces immediately preceding and following the incident raises valid questions as to the mystery...
- ARMING THE FORCE. Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the importance of weapons on the defense of freedom in the U.S. Goal of the Air Force to arm war fighters with the right weapon; Superiority of the weapons used by airmen; Use of advanced weapons systems by the airmen.
- Bad News From The Bunkers. Thompson, Mark // Time;2/3/2014, Vol. 183 Issue 4, p12
The article discusses the U.S. Air Force's decision to strip 34 Montana-based airmen of their assignments as nuclear launch control officers as of January 15, 2014, focusing on a cheating scandal involving a routine proficiency test and a drug investigation involving some of the military members.
- JDAM course ushers B-1 students into new era. Scott, Ed // Program Manager;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p43
Focuses on the efforts of Rapid City, South Dakota-based United States Air Force Weapons School to expose aircrew instructors to available weapons. Efforts of the school to increase syllabus sorties to accommodate the weapon system through a flying schedule; Start of the development and...
- USAF Materiel Command: Delivering War-Winning Capabilities on Time and on Cost. Martin, Gregory S. // Defense AT&L;May/Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p2
Interviews U.S. Air Force Materiel Commander Gregory S. Martin on the Air Force weapon systems. Air Force Materiel Command's conduction of research, development, test, and evaluation of weapon systems; Application of research in robotics and heat-sensor ability of a pit viper; Martin's...
- Directed Energy. Scott, David; Robie, David // Air & Space Power Journal;Winter2009, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p6
In this article the authors discuss directed energy (DE) weapons and the vulnerabilities faced by the U.S. Air Force in association with the development of DE, including the commercial marketing of high-energy lasers. They review the four programs critical to the Air Force including the Airborne...
- Air Force Looking To Further Automate DCGS Data Processing. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;5/15/2013, Vol. 258 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the efforts on the U.S. Air Force looking ways to sift data from by its Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) weapons system. The agency's goal is to point airmen to an area of key interest using DCGS and let them...
- Bristol, England. // Nuclear Resister;9/3/2012, Issue 167, p6
The article reports on a mass citizens weapons inspections attempt by around 70 anti-arms trade campaigners in Bristol, England as they oppose bomb production in a nearby factory.