- Come Fly With Me. // Progressive;Apr88, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the U.S. Air Force's efforts to improve the image of its Thunderbird flying team.
- Nunn questions JPATS evaluation. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/18/1995-12/25/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 25, p98
Reports that claims are resurfacing that Raytheon Aircraft Co.'s Beech Mark 2 which the US Air Force/Navy uses as its primary training aircraft fails to accommodate a large enough percentage of women pilot candidates. Aircraft as winner of the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS);...
- COMBAT ORM. Gallaher, Paul // Flying Safety;Jul2002, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on a number of controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) mishaps experienced b he U.S. Air Force undergoing operations against terrorism as of July 2002. Factors behind CFIT mishaps; Importance of using operational risk management (ORM); Factors to consider when developing a wartime ORM...
- THE INSTRUMENT REFRESHER COURSE: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun97, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p29
Discusses the prerequisite for students in accomplishing Instrument Refresher Course in the United States Air Force.
- Reserve derives strength from its diversity. Badgett, Dwight // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Feb2011, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p3
The article offers the author's view on diversity as the greatest strength of the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command which involves education, experience and training.
- Getting stronger. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct99, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the decision of the United States Air Force to raise the age limit for applicants for undergraduate pilot and navigator training. Expected effect of the change on the training program; Reason for the change; Selection process for undergraduate flying training.
- Transponder takes danger out of missile flight tests. Sewell, Kelly // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p4
Reports that designers at Harris Corp. are helping the United States Air Force avoid catastrophic accidents when training jet fighter pilots to shoot the Advanced Medium Range Air-To-Air Missile. Provision of a device called warhead replacement tactical telemetry module.
- T-1A transforms undergraduate training. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p44
Reports on the Beech T-1A Jayhawk aircraft's impact on how the United States Air Force uses the T-38 airplane in specialized undergraduate pilot training. Focus on mission-oriented flying skills; Preparation of pilots for bomber and fighter cockpits; Comments from General Henry Viccellio Jr.,...
- Air Force reorganizing, confronting shortages. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/20/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 12, p64
Reports on the United States Air Force's efforts to address problems in pilot retention and equipment shortages. Factors contributing to the service's retention rate; Shortfall in the service's recruiting goals; Assessment of the service's readiness; Comments from Air Force Chief of Staff Mike...