Fighting the War from 'Home'
- Paradise on the Plains. McKenna, Paul // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p26
Describes the experiences of United States Air Force airmen at the Grand Forks Air Base in North Dakota. Remarks from airman Jason McKim; Opinion on the values of the people in the local communities; Suggestion from Master Sergeant Ron Rodriguez to the airmen's spouses.
- FINAL FRAME. // Airman;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Presents a photograph depicting the activities of the Air Force workers from the 819th and 219th Expeditionary Rapid Engineering Deployable Repair Squadron Engineers units in a Southwest Asia base. Construction of a transportational building; Development of structures fro the 379th Air...
- AWACS unit reaches major milestone. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun99, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
Announces the attainment of operational capability status of the 513th Air Control Group at Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma. Readiness to take on an expanded role in national defense; Unit reservists' flying and maintenance of E-3 Sentry aircraft.
- THE INSTRUMENT REFRESHER COURSE: WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun97, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p29
Discusses the prerequisite for students in accomplishing Instrument Refresher Course in the United States Air Force.
- USAF To Deploy New AEF Model. McCullough, Amy // Airforce Magazine;Feb2014, Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the deployment of U.S. Air Force's airmen on the new access control enforcement facility (AEF) model effective October 1, 2014.
- IRAQ'S CROSSROADS. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Fall2005, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p4
No abstract available.
- Rivet Joint: Recon Ready. Dendy IV, John B. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p2
Features the United States RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft based at Offut Air Force Base, Nebraska. Sensor capabilities of the aircraft; Origin of the RC-135 aircraft; Modernization efforts on the aircraft; Remarks from airmen on the experience of flying the aircraft during conflicts; Difficulties...
- Defenders of Paradise. Greeley, Jim // Airman;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p20
Features some members of the United States Air Force that patrol the beach at Bellows Air Force Station in Hawaii. Description on their job at the beach; Their attitude toward their work; Information on the airmen that patrol the beach.
- First PACAF AEF leaves South Korea. Donahue, Beth // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p11
Announces the departure of members of the 3rd Aerospace Expeditionary Group from Kwang Ju Air Base in South Korea in June 1998, following a four-month deployment. Bases from where members of the 3rd AEG were pooled; Activities of the 90th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron in Korea.