NY Area's Largest Women-Owned Companies
- WOMEN-OWNED FIRMS STEP ON THE GAS. LAERMER, EMILY // Crain's New York Business;9/9/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p0016
The article reports on the growth of women-owned businesses. It relates the growth of women-owned translating and interpreting services provider TransPerfect. It notes that the list of the top 25 women-owned firms of the periodical posted a cumulative revenue growth of 8.9% in 2012 from 2011....
- JILL BELASCO 2005 WINNER. Holloway, Lindsay // Entrepreneur;Jan2008, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p41
The article focuses on the advantages of being named 2004 Woman of the Year for TransPerfect Inc. owner Liz Elting in New York City. Elting revealed that her business has undergone a rapid growth following her recognition as the most outstanding woman entrepreneur for the year. Her business has...
- N.H. ranks 17th in growth of women-owned businesses. NEVEU, MADISON // New Hampshire Business Review;5/2/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the findings of the annual American Express OPEN State of Women-Owned Businesses survey which shows that New Hampshire ranks 17th in the U.S. for financial growth and growth in the number of women-owned businesses.
- In Brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/2/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the findings of the annual American Express OPEN State of Women-Owned Businesses survey which reveals that New Hampshire ranks 17th in the U.S. for financial growth and growth in the number of women-owned businesses.
- NY Area's Largest Women-Owned Companies. Southwood, Denise; Pasquarelli, Adrianne; Walker, Lauren // Crain's New York Business;6/27/20005, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p17
The article presents information on New York's largest women-owned companies. The largest women-owned companies in the New York area grew a solid 7% last year. According to the periodical "Crain's New York Business," the No.1 company, National Envelope Corp., appears on the list for the first...
- Small subcontractors reported as doing better. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p3
The article reports on the improving performance of subcontracting construction firms owned by women and minority people in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2011.
- Data: Women working way into construction. Pope, Karen Eness // Crain's Detroit Business;3/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 13, p9
Reports that women are going into the construction industry according to the United States Bureau of the Census. Statistics on Women-owned construction firms; Views of JoAnn Nortley, president of the Women in Construction; Reference to discrimination in the construction industry.
- Finding the right words, in record time. King, Rachael // Crain's New York Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p34
Features TransPerfect Translations, a New York, New York-based company founded by Phil Shawe and Liz Elting-Burlant in 1992. Initial capitalization; Focus on meeting tight deadlines while delivering top-quality work; First client; Revenues.
- NY Area's Largest Women-Owned Companies. // Crain's New York Business;6/30/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p21
Several charts related to women-owned business enterprises in New York are presented, including National Envelope Corp., the company J&R Music & Computer World, and Turtle & Hughes Inc.