Record Revenue Year
- Revenue Record. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on Georgia's triple-A rating for the fiscal year of 2005. Total revenue collections, which ended June 30; Positive overall trend of collections; Factors attributed to the increase in tax collections during fiscal 2005.
- FLORIDA: Revenues Take It on the Chin. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p9
The article discusses the Florida Office of Economic and Demographic Research's report showing that state revenues are below projections. The state's general revenue collections for May 2008 were $123.1 million under the estimated adopted by the general revenue estimating conference. The total...
- States' third-quarter tax revenue up 6.6%, study says. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30541, p4
Discusses the growth of tax revenue in the United States for the third-quarter of 1998, according to a study by the Center for the Study of the States. Increase in personal income tax; Tax collection; Likelihood that states will be able to proceed with proposed tax cuts in 1999.
- A Good Three Quarters. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32110, p35
Reports that Missouri's tax collections for the first three quarters of fiscal 2005 grew compared to the previous year's figures. Claim that the state is on pace to meeting its projected revenue for fiscal 2005; Suggestion that the Senate has approved the diversion of funds coming from a tax on...
- TAX PERFORMANCE WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE ALLIANCE FOR PROGRESS: A COMPARATIVE EVALUATION. Montrie, Charles; Fedor, Kenneth J.; Davis, Harlan // National Tax Journal;Sep70, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p325
The aim of this paper is to present an operationally meaningful method of evaluating self-help performance indicators through intercountry comparisons of levels and trends of revenue collection. The authors attempt to compare each country's efforts with reference to all the other countries. The...
- State tax collections higher. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/21/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p33
This article reports that strong October tax collections are likely to help push Michigan toward a higher-than-expected final revenue tally for its 2005 fiscal year, according to the latest monthly report from the Senate Fiscal Agency. The agency said revenue collected from major Michigan taxes...
- Come out on top at tax time. // Choice;Jun2004, p24
Presents tips for taxpayers on minimizing tax costs while maximizing refund. Strategies that may help reduce tax; Benefit obtained from keeping records and receipts; Factors considered when using a tax agent.
- Playing Chicken With Tax Hikes and Education. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p42
Focuses on the effects of tax increase in Missouri. Increment of tax collection; Growth in tax credits and federal tax changes; Decline of general fund revenue.
- WAVING THE FLAG. Kelley, Raina // Newsweek;3/22/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p68
Presents tips from tax experts about how to steer clear of being in trouble with the IRS. Importance of reporting every dime spent; Need to double-check math calculations and Social Security numbers.