Missouri, Georgia Set Up Sizeable Transportation Deals
- Wisconsin Sets $200M Transportation Deal in Lighter Week. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33420, p4
The article reports on the plan of the government of Wisconsin to take competitive bids on the 200 million U.S. dollars of transportation revenue bonds hoping that it would be able to capitalize the lull in supply. It mentions that state was moved by the deal due to the promise that there will...
- VDOT Centennial. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32340, p29
The article reports the celebration of the 100th year in business of the Virginia Department of Transportation. The department had about 1.9 billion of outstanding debt at the end of June 30, 2005. The agency has built more than 57,500 miles of highways, bridges and tunnels. It is the...
- Fuel-Tax Bonds Extended. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p35
The article reports on the progress of a bill that would extend the time during which Louisiana could issue bonds secured by a four-cent fuel tax for certain transportation projects. This bill is already pending before a legislative review committee. It is expected to pass the Senate before the...
- Illinois RTA OKs $260 of GOs, Including Swap for Up to $50M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p3
Reports that the Illinois Regional Transportation Authority has apaproved a 260 million dollar general obligation bond issue. Use of interest rate swap; Structure of the bonds.
- Our First Garvees. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p31
The article reports that the state of Georgia is preparing its first grant anticipation revenue vehicle deal for sale during the last week of July 2006. The Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority will sell $360 million of federal higher grant anticipation revenue bonds and $90 million federal...
- Kansas DOT deal's size, scarcity should catch buyers' eyes. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p5
Reports on Kansas Department of Transportation highway revenue bond issue expected to offer local and national investors the size and scarcity value. Total amount of the deal; Underwriting firm involved in the bond issue; Purpose of the bond to finance an expansion project at the Burnham...
- N.J. Unveils Plan for Trust Fund. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32327, p1
The article reports on the plan of New Jersey to refinance about 1.8 billion dollar of transportation bonds as part of a five-year plan to replenish the state's ailing Transportation Trust Fund. Under the proposal, the state would free up about 105 million dollars each year by extending the...
- State Could See More P3s to Bridge $86B Transportation Gap. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32567, p39
The article reports on the initiative of Texas to fund transportation needs and bridge the $86 billion funding gap. Texas Transportation Commissioner Ted Houghton supported the new funding mechanism that have allowed the issuance of bonds backed by the Texas Mobility Fund and the state highway fund.
- Maryland DOT Granted Greater Bonding Authority. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p4
Reports on the approval received by the Maryland Department of Transportation to increase the amount of debt closer to selling bond helping fund the Intercounty Connector proposal. Consolidation of transportation bonds; Value of the bonds; Development of debt schedule.